User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're not alone. Local Ford dealership in Cincinnati screwed me good. Took the F450 in last year at end of season for brake inspection. I'm very mechanically inclined but it was in for another small issue anyway so why not save me the aggravation for $25. They stated brakes were fine and over 30% of life on pads and rotors.
    Truck was barely used other than hauling some various household stuff around for the next 8 months. Fast forward to July Florida trip. Wife is out driving and truck is not stopping. Thankfully her uncle owns an auto repair empire in the area we were in and he's highly respected for his honestly and bluntness about what's wrong with a vehicle. Long story made short, ALL of the brakes were at end of life or beyond. We damn well may have had a serious accident on the way home going through mountains had we not caught this.
    From now on I'll be pulling the tires myself and inspecting. I'm still scratching my head wandering why Ford told me all was well though... They stood to make a ton of $ to replace them.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Front wheel bearings on GM trucks fail often. Sorry to have to say that.....
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very dangerous TV situation

I gotta change my mindset... I thought somebody's television fell off the wall

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12