User Tag List

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Booked Another Year Fulltiming

Well another year in the books fulltiming. July 2024 will be our 4th anniversary fulltiming.

For 2023 we only towed 5341 miles versus 11,541 miles for 2022. No major problems with our Solitude this year, performed like a dream.
    I did replace some suspension components on the rig, upgraded to MorRyde equalizers and replaced the left side leaf springs (going flat heavy side of the RV). Leaf springs are almost a maintenance item on the rig as they take a lot of punishment.

2023 Year
    Site costs - $9071 or average $27 /night. Stayed at private CGs or resorts, no boondocking or Harvest Host like sites, no work camping. Mostly week / 2 week or monthly stays. Electric not included.
    RV Repairs and Maintenance - $3495 (replaced microwave, suspension, black tank valve, leaf springs and misc, rig wash and wax).
    Truck Repairs and Maintenance - $2532 Tires, oil and trans fluid and diesel filter changes. Total miles on truck 95,000. Ran like a dream.
    Total diesel costs - $5573 towing or not.
    Groceries - $7392 our monthly budget is $600 and actual was $616 / month
    Dinning Out - $6830 monthly budget is $550 and actual was $569
    Entertainment - $879

We didn't feel as stressed this year with only traveling 5341 miles towing. Started 2023 in South and West Texas going to Big Bend, then western trip to NM, AZ Grand Canyon South then East through OK and Branson MO to Indiana to be with family & holidays (5 months stationary) then Dec 27th back to home port for the winter in Galveston. Still loving life and enjoying the fulltime experience.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall sounds like a pretty good year. I sometimes think about full timing, but my wife would never do it. Have to be around the grandkids, especially our granddaughter. They are almost inseparable when she's here.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another good year in the books for you! It'll be fun to see where 2024 takes you.

I would love to full time, we are closer to full than not , being in the trailer at least 7 or 8 months out of the year. We keep the house more as a medical base than for any other reason. I have been working on purging slowly so who knows what will come. This summer will be a giant yard sale then the rest gets donated or given directly to someone in need..either way my son will have less household junk to deal with when we both are dead
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Another good year in the books for you! It'll be fun to see where 2024 takes you.

I would love to full time, we are closer to full than not , being in the trailer at least 7 or 8 months out of the year. We keep the house more as a medical base than for any other reason. I have been working on purging slowly so who knows what will come. This summer will be a giant yard sale then the rest gets donated or given directly to someone in need..either way my son will have less household junk to deal with when we both are dead
    We were looking forward to this year traveling up through Michigan and UP into Canada, but that might get put on hold.
    We've been there done that Marcy! In preparing to go fulltime it took over a year to get rid of all our stuff, sell our house, and get set up to go fulltime. We don't have a storage location, got rid of everything. Our kids still thank us for purging early so they don't have to go through all our stuff at the end. We lived near Austin TX and they live in Ohio and Indiana.

We were stationary this year for 5 months, when Tami's Dad passed away suddenly in Oct, her mother could not stay by herself, 85 years old (dementia / alzheimers) so the family had to place her in a full care facility. Costs $96,000 / year.
    We had to prepare their house for sale and go through their things and get it done in two months. Tami's mother collected porcelain dolls, her Dad antique glassware over the years, so it took a while to go through. Her parents were married over 65 years, sifting through her parents things, It was a big task and painful for the family. Its never easy to look at the things we all collect and then sell, donate, purge, give away.

We are really glad we went fulltime and able to travel the country while we can. Out of the places we have traveled so far that is close to the area of where family lives, Knoxville ranks right up there for a place we might want to stop fulltiming around. Our Daughter lives near Cincinnati @ 2 hours away from the Knoxville area. But my gosh the beautiful places we have visited so far,,,,,,,,,,,, a dream of ours come true! Still with lots more to see!
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're looking for a wooded parking place in the SC foothills in the Pickens area (within an hours drive of the Asheville NC Veterans hospital/med center) If we find the right spot , maybe an old Mobile home pad that has ele and septic would be perfect. If we find that we will have more incentive, the house wouldn't be far from being up for sale so we need to purge , Spent aq good deal of last summer boxing up the stuff...beong gone so long sure makes it easer to get rid of stuff... did I miss it....nope throw it into the discard pile! The biggest thing I'd miss is my Kitchen Aid mixer... it might end up in our FL shed on our campsite lol

If you buzz thru MI let us know where you stop if we're in the area I'd love to get together! Ususlly in MI off and on June thru Sept
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 01-02-2024 at 11:43 AM.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/