User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Swap Winegard Air 360 for Togo Roadlink C2

Has anyone replaced a Winegard Air 360 with a Togo Roadlink C2? It seems like it could be an easy switch but the devil is in the details. They both take 12V power. The Air 360 is 17.25" in diameter and 6.9" high. The Togo Roadlink is 16" in diameter and 8" high. I've been interested in ATT's $360/year Unlimited Adventure AT&T data plan but I haven't wanted to drill a hole in our new RV. The Grand Design 295RL comes with the Air 360 installed, so it's got power and the slightly wider dome already.

This switch isn't for everyone. I'm planning to work from the road this winter so mobile internet will mean a lot more to me than TV reception. I don't expect a lot of reception in the remote Southwest anyway. Florida would be another story.

Any thoughts are welcome.
    - Neil

2020 Reflection 295RL
    2019 Ford F250 XLT 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Following. Pretty disappointed that the 22MLE has the cheap 360 (not even the 360+). Been looking at options including the Connect 2.0. GD cut a 5" hole in the roof of the TT to run a single Coax cable down. I guess I'll need to patch that, or perhaps get the 360+ and separate modem. (probably the simplest option).

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoGriz View Post
    Following. Pretty disappointed that the 22MLE has the cheap 360 (not even the 360+). Been looking at options including the Connect 2.0. GD cut a 5" hole in the roof of the TT to run a single Coax cable down. I guess I'll need to patch that, or perhaps get the 360+ and separate modem. (probably the simplest option).
    As a start you need to realize you are answering a necropost that is a year old and things have changed. I believe the use of a Winegard 360 was to facilitate features that are in the TT such as TV and FM broadcast with no intention of providing LTE access. Next the TOGO package with AT&T unlimited is dead, at least at that price point for several months now as AT&T is no longer taking subscriptions and terminating existing contracts as they expire. Your best option is to find an unlimited plan on a second tier carrier that serves areas you intend to frequent. Get an LTE modem optimized for the carrier's sim and a wireless router. These could be a stand alone or a package unit device/s. This / These could be installed inside your trailer with an exterior remote antenna if you think it is necessary. Note there are better with up to date standards and less costly options than Winegard.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 07-07-2020 at 04:32 AM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    As a start you need to realize you are answering a necropost that is a year old and things have changed. I believe the use of a Winegard 360 was to facilitate features that are in the TT such as TV and FM broadcast with no intention of providing LTE access. Next the TOGO package with AT&T unlimited is dead, at least at that price point for several months now as AT&T is no longer taking subscriptions and terminating existing contracts as they expire. Your best option is to find an unlimited plan on a second tier carrier that serves areas you intend to frequent. Get an LTE modem optimized for the carrier's sim and a wireless router. These could be a stand alone or a package unit device/s. This / These could be installed inside your trailer with an exterior remote antenna if you think it is necessary. Note there are better with up to date standards and less costly options than Winegard.
    Hmm, not sure the “necropost” comment was required, certainly not appreciated. And since my 2020 Imagine XLS has the 360 - seems it is still a relevant topic. If you want/intend to have others read what you post, probably should keep the non-relevant snark to yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk