User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Depressions in the flooring.

We have a 2014 Solitude 369RL. The kitchen slide has created deep depressions in the flooring from the slide rollers.
    Has anyone else had this problem?

We initially thought the slide was out of adjustment and causing the depressions but found out from our RV repair company that there's nothing wrong with it.
    Jim and Kathy Marker - Ramona, Ca.
    2014 Solitude 369RL #1277 (AKA - "Tudee")
    2014 3500 Ram Laramie HD Dually Crew Cab 4x4 -6.7 Cummins with Aisin Tranny (AKA - "Big Foot")
    50 gal Transfer Flow Auxiliary Tank
    Curt Q24 Hitch
    2002 2500 Chevy LB HD Duramax Crew Cab- Retired
    EEZRV TPMS- Tire Pressure Monitoring System

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...tesMap_1_1.gif
    http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...ovincesMap.gif

Harlech
    I've dropped a thing or two on the floor in the kitchen and I can tell you, its not very forgiving. I have more than a couple gouges and dings in the floor. I was rather surprised at just how soft this stuff is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noticed these marks on our floor this weekend between the island and dinette in our 337. Not sure if they are from the slide or were caused by the dinette chairs. They are in random locations so I'm thinking they are from a dinette chair a friend had moved to the end of the table. The flooring is very soft if a 180 lb person sitting in a chair can cause these marks. Be very careful placing or dropping anything on the floor. Our 337 is nearly a year old and have enjoyed many outings including a wonderful Yellowstone vacation. This has been our only issue other than minor cosmetic items.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Last edited by Gigem; 11-04-2014 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Add pic.
    Trish & Jeff Dallas/Fort Worth
    2012 Ford F250 Super Duty - 6.7L Diesel
    ATTA 45 Gallon Auxiliary Fuel Tank
    PullRite SuperGlide Hitch
    Grand Design - Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigem View Post
    Noticed these marks on our floor this weekend between the island and dinette in our 337. Not sure if they are from the slide or were caused by the dinette chairs. They are in random locations so I'm thinking they are from a dinette chair a friend had moved to the end of the table. The flooring is very soft if a 180 lb person sitting in a chair can cause these marks. Be very careful placing or dropping anything on the floor. Our 337 is nearly a year old and have enjoyed many outings including a wonderful Yellowstone vacation. This has been our only issue other than minor cosmetic items.
    I had a similar issue. My slide wasn't adjusted properly and was rubbing on a few areas of the flooring. One spot of the floor feels like something is bunched up underneath the flooring. I only found it after it had rubbed a hole right through the flooring. Grand Design is replacing the entire floor of my unit because of this.
    Paul
    North Bay, Ontario
    2014 Reflection 293RES
    VIN # 200283
    2014 Ram 2500

barkermd

Floor Depressions

Quote Originally Posted by Navigator View Post

We have a 2014 Solitude 369RL. The kitchen slide has created deep depressions in the flooring from the slide rollers.
    Has anyone else had this problem?

We initially thought the slide was out of adjustment and causing the depressions but found out from our RV repair company that there's nothing wrong with it.
    We have the same thing in our floor.. It is definately where the kitchen slide rollers are.. Looks like it will ruin the floor over time... Ours is a 2014 369 RL as well. We have had so many issues with our RV, that I haven't gotten around to mention that one to the dealer.. They have had it almost as much as we have and it isn't a year old yet. We love the Grand Design,, but we every time we get the opportunity to camp, we have issues with our,, Lemon!