User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2019 376th, kitchen faucet loose

faucet loose, not at counter, spout is very loose . dealer says normal. I cant turn water on without spout moving on its own, its a pain, help

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are talking about the spray head that is normal. If you are talking about the actual goose neck portion that rotates from side to side that is not normal. Mine will not move unless I move it and never heard of a residential kitchen faucet doing that either in anyone's house.

I think the dealer should replace it. If it is that loose I would wonder if it was going to start to leak at some point.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the goose neck part rotates on its own when water is turned on, also when we travel it always end up dripping on floor because rotates off counter. dealer says normal.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allauto1 View Post
    the goose neck part rotates on its own when water is turned on, also when we travel it always end up dripping on floor because rotates off counter. dealer says normal.
    Not normal. Ask the dealer to show you some of the other trailers on the lot to see if any others are that loose. Ours stays where it was when travelling. If you are still having trouble with the dealer maybe contact Grand Design customer service. I have not had to but many here have and say that the service is great.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not normal.

There is a big nut on the underside of the counter that is difficult to see or get to. Reach in there and hand tighten it, once you understand how it works you can put a tool on it to tighten it further, but beware, you can also over tighten it and break it.

The extendable faucet has a counter weight installed on to putt the nozzle back to it home place. If that weight is resting on a shelf the nozzle will not retract. You can loosen the phillips screws on the weight and slide it up or down to adjust where it sits on the hose.

If you decide to replace it with a residential faucet know that the end connectors for the RV are not the same size as residential, take the old faucet with you so you can get the correct adapters.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our Solitude goose neck faucet there is the big nut. There is also 2 screws 180 degrees from each other that keep the faucet from rotating. I loosed the screws on purpose to rotate the faucet 90 degrees to put the faucet handle facing straight towards the sink. With the handle facing the sink there will be less mess from the wet hands reaching for the faucet handle.KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dealer is full of something OTHER than professionalism and good customer service. Politely insist that the faulty faucet be replaced BY APPOINTMENT (don't leave the trailer with them to ignore for as long as they want). Alternatively, call GD directly, complain about your ignorant and/or lazy dealer, and ask that GD send you a replacement faucet. You can install yourself, or GD might agree to pay for a mobile tech to install after you send them the tech's estimate.

Good luck.

P.S. Third option is to buy a decent non-junk faucet at Home Depot and install yourself. You may need adapters to do this, and it will cost more, but you won't be fussing about your faucet again one day.
    Last edited by boyscout; 07-20-2019 at 04:31 AM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post

P.S. Third option is to buy a decent non-junk faucet at Home Depot and install yourself. You may need adapters to do this, and it will cost more, but you won't be fussing about your faucet again one day.

That's what we did and never looked back. Did not like that light weight plastic tap, it always felt like it was going to break in my hands.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    That's what we did and never looked back. Did not like that light weight plastic tap, it always felt like it was going to break in my hands.
    The kitchen faucet in our 297RSTS is actually very nice and solid stainless steel. I have no plans to replace it as it seems to be a reasonable quality kitchen faucet. The bathroom on the other hand was a cheap plastic one and is already replaced along with the tiny sink in there.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have 2017 Reflection. That in not normal. I like the suggestion about having the dealer show you other trailers on their lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk