User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my loooong life, I have seen that the vast majority of problems are self-induced so, be good to your self. There are lots of folks that will find fault with you -- you do not have to be one of them. Also remember, when arquing with an idiot, be sure they are not doing the same.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've had our Solitude for 4+ years. We take our longer trips in the Spring and Fall, usually 7 or 8 weeks. We have never had a disabling failure while on the road. Had a couple of blown fuses and there always seems to be screws to tighten (again!). On our first trip, after setting up in the RV park, I noticed a sidewall bubble on one of the tires. We were handy to a tire shop, so bought a new tire and traveled on. I replaced all four when we returned home (Sailun S637).
    Prior to travel, I spend 3 or 4 days on maintenance and inspection of everything I can get to. I run all the slides, test everything electrical, and lubricate anything I can find. The owner's manual and the information on this forum are the best resources I have seen.

Safe Travels.

Jim
    Jim & Gwen
    2015 Solitude 379fl, VIN 573FS4324F1102454
    2011 F-350 SC, DRW, 6.7 PSD, Ride-Rite Air Bags, Pull-Rite 20.5 K
    "You can't get lost if you don't care where you're going"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just returned from 8 months on the road with our Reflection 303. 12,000 miles and had a blast. Of course we changed our China bombs out for Goodyears before we left, but that was it. We stayed proactive checking all the things that can come loose and doing basic maintenance to prevent problems. We had no problems with our Reflection (knock on wood). We liked it so much we just ordered a Solitude. Have fun and enjoy!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Reflection 303rls
    Chevy 3500 hd diesel

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check what you can beforehand, then just go. Do the best you can with what you have. In all honesty, we have only made one trip more than about 3 hours. On that trip I made a dumb move that cost me a wheel and tire, along with skirting damage and almost tearing off the lead axle. (Those pipe guards at the gas stations really do work ).We made it to our destination with no further issues, and after some repairs at a local auto repair shop the day we came home we were fine. The point is, I made the mistake. If you pay attention, DO NOT GET DISTRACTED, you'll be fine. The things beyond your control are just that. Deal with them as they come up. In 30 years or more of pulling pop ups, travel trailers, and now a 5th wheel, the only things that have been a problem were self inflicted, and they were VERY few and far between. Have fun. As a friend says all the time, we only come this way once!
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not much I can add that hasn't already been said.

Just get out and enjoy your trip. Be as prepared as you can be, but don't stress over it. If/when things happen, deal with it in the best manner possible, set it aside, and enjoy the rest of the trip.

My last trip was filled with various "issues" both pre-departure, and pre-return. But, we dealt with them as they arose, didn't freak out about it, and enjoyed our time despite the issues.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are taking a 2 month trip in September and I started preparing last April. Like has been said above, be as thorough as you can before you leave, when you pull out of the driveway/parking lot, take it easy, don't get in a rush, and all of your preparation will pay off. You will see things you have never seen before, and things that most people can only dream about.
    Safe travels, Jim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jim and Judy in a Ram 2500 towing a
    2015 Reflection 29RS with modifications

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12