Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Furnace Cycling

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, our saga continues. While in SoCal we had a local RV repair shop have a go. After consulting with Atwood, they sent a new flame sensor. Still had the problem. They removed it again and I had a new board installed at my expense as Atwood was taking so long with the approval. Still have the problem and am out $230 but hopefully I can get it back from Atwood. The shop gave Atwood a detailed account of everything they had done so hopefully we can get it resolved when we get it back to the dealer in a couple of weeks. Not so sure about these Atwood appliances. Yesterday the fridge quit working on propane, thankfully it is still OK on electric. We have ten days of dry camping planned in June so we need to get that fixed. So far we have had more problems with the Atwood stuff in this rig than we did in 12 years with the Dometic appliances in our old rig. Hopefully this won't be chronic because the rest of the unit has been very good.
    Nick and Nancy
    Abbotsford BC
    2011 Ram 3500
    2015 Reflection 303RLs

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will agree with you on the atwood appliances . My furnace problems are also on going. I talked to JD at the factory and they had an atwood rep come to the factory and watch them install furnaces on the line. He said to take off the outside furnace cover and seal the area where the 2 exaust pipes go together. I did that and it didnt help. He also said that some of furnaces had the gas valve turned during install when they tightened the gas line to it. I was going to try to look at that myself also but the next morning I discovered that my water heater had stopped working on electric..
    So I decided to just drop it off at a GD dealer in Abaliene KS. They are going to try to figure the funace out thiss week. Two strikes with the atwood appliances.
    I wonder if they are abel to buy them cheaper than Dometic ? I will say that I really like the air conditioner tho. It is not near as noisy as the Dometic in my old rig. And I like the fan running all of the time.
    Reflection 337
    2012 F-250 26,000 miles
    2015 F-250 46,000 miles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNFSolitude View Post
    From my background in furnace work; in a regular high efficiency furnace or water heater there is a flame sensor. If the flame sensor doesn't detect the burner is on, it shuts down the unit as a safety. The furnace may cycle several times before it either stays on or locks out. The flame sensor may be dirty, corroded, broken or improperly set to not detect the burner. I don't know if the Atwood has this feature, but if it was my own it would be something I'd look at. Just my 2 cents, good luck.
    I agree with this one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AL and Holly
    355TH Momentum, #00811, 2014
    GMC Sierra, 3500HD, SRW, Diesel 2014

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thr flame sensor has been checked on many of these funaces
    Reflection 337
    2012 F-250 26,000 miles
    2015 F-250 46,000 miles

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happily I have to eat crow when it comes to bad mouthing our fridge. Turned out to be finger trouble on my part. We never travel with propane on and combined with the furnace just having been reinstalled, somehow had a comedy of errors when it came to who turned what on and off. Just goes to show that no matter how many times you do something, it is always possible to screw up something basic.
    Nick and Nancy
    Abbotsford BC
    2011 Ram 3500
    2015 Reflection 303RLs

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123