User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3/4 or 1 Ton Truck Discount Cost

Based upon several comments to previous threads, I am considering purchasing a new truck. The 1/2 ton trucks seem to have a huge discount offer on them upwards of 20% off MSRP. What kind of discounts are you guys experiencing on your 3/4 or 1 ton trucks? I would like to go in prepared to negotiate a reasonable price based upon others experiences.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can only speak to the Chevy models since that's what I focused on most for my recent purchase, but both the 1500 and 2500 models for 2019 model years were about $10k off sticker in the $50k-$70k sticker range. Keep in mind a new 2500 body style comes out for 2020 for Chevrolet and GMC and a new 1500 body style came out for 2019 for both. But, that's about where it's at around me. Prices are going to be variable. Happy hunting!
    Last edited by Squeaky; 07-19-2019 at 10:24 PM.
    2019 Ford F250 CCSB 6.7L
    2017 Polaris RZR 1000XP
    Next - Momentum? ????

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Auto manufacturers are in a battle to maintain sales levels on 1/2 ton trucks. They are and always have been putting most of their sales incentives and low APR programs on 1/2 tons in order to push what sells the most.

3/4 ton and 1 ton trucks are sold in less volume, and they are an extremely profitable segment of the truck market. Manufacturers have never really discounted them on the level as discounts on 1/2 ton trucks. 10% of a $40K truck may be sustainable discounts, but 10% of a $70K is a lot of money.

You may see some larger sales incentive discounts on the current body styles of trucks after the new body styles of Ram and GM come out shortly. And Ford is always right there competing with the other two.

My 2003 F250 7.3 is pushing 17 years old with only 145K miles, and it has many years usage left in it. I'd love to have a 2020 model truck, but just cannot substantiate spending $65K for the same equipped truck. And I actually have the money to buy it--which is different from most people having to finance it. You could put $20K down on such a truck and still have $950 per month payments on 60 months. The auto manufacturers have been so greedy on profits that they've priced me out of the retail market. I still question how long the market can stand such large prices increases?
    Last edited by Bamaman; 07-20-2019 at 08:33 AM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a beautiful "previously loved" 2015 Silverado 2500HD diesel last July with 24k miles on it (not even broken in yet!) for a "fair" price, but a lot less than a new one! I couldn't justify the asking new price, but I got an excellent truck. It pulls our Reflection 303 very well. Check the prices of recent year used trucks and check them out. You might find an excellent deal.
    Happy campers! / Lorna & Eric and our little furball, Finnan, Canandaigua, NY
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali HD 6.6L Duramax Turbo Diesel, Allison 6 speed transmission, 5th wheel setup, Pullrite SuperGlide 20k
    2018 Reflection 303RLS Built 3/2018, Dual AC's

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Signed papers for a 1-ton at the Ford dealership this week after shopping RAM last week. Ford won in our case because the passenger footwell in the RAM was a no-go from my spouse.

In both cases I was able to see and work from Invoice. Invoice was $5-7K under sticker and hold back was about $2,300. I effectively spent the hold back money on a B&W turnover ball, bedliner, and airbags.

Around here a 2-year old used diesel goes for a pretty penny and you have to watch out for former oilfield trucks.

Best regards,
    Chris
    2020 Solitude 310GK FBP
    2019 Ford F350 SRW CCSB AUH
    Former Rig - 2013 North Trail FBS22
    2013 Expedition EL

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Well, with a few exceptions for really small trailers, most long time TT or 5th wheel owners would probably tell you that it is a mistake to even consider a 1/2 ton truck and, with the difference between the 3/4 and 1 ton truck purchase prices (and payload capacities), they'd never buy another 3/4 ton truck either.

I'd seriously look at 1 ton trucks only myself. I was lucky to find my last truck about 50 miles from home but I was about to buy a plane ticket to Idaho for a great price on the truck I wanted. These are huge purchases and very important so think outside the box of normal car buying.

Good luck
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just bought our 2019 F-250 last night, we still have plenty of payload with the 250 since it’s a gas truck. I traded the diesel for gas since we didn’t really need a diesel & the wife is going to drive this one vs sitting all the time.

The deals are pretty good right now, I got great money for our trade & paid invoice after the dealership gave up the hold back money to make the deal. In my region Ford was offering zero percent financing that ends this month so it was time to make the a deal. Ford is ready to start take orders for 2020 trucks so if you don’t mind not getting the latest & greatest you should be able to get a pretty good deal on trucks sitting in the lots. I will admit pickings were slim in my area for Super Duty’s but I still found most of what I wanted for options at a great price. I’ll have to install the factory fifth wheel prep package when it comes in next week since finding one on the lot was almost impossible but that’s because I didn’t want rails in the truck bed & want to use my current hitch.
    2019 Ford F-250 CCSB Lariat Ultimate 6.2L/3.73 gearing
    2015 Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7L - previous
    2018 Grand Design 290BH
    B&W Companion RVK3300

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a 2017 F350 off the lot a few years ago. 2 years later traded it in on an ordered 2019 F350. I took a $150/ mo depreciation hit on the trade in and bought the 2019 for $4,000 UNDER invoice after X-Plan pricing, USAA Cash, Factory incentives and a $3,000 Private Cash Offer.

Ordering the perfectly equipped truck got me exactly what I wanted and didn’t have to pay for unwanted expensive options like sunroof, chrome pkg etc. I still got power running boards, 5th wheel pkg, LED headlights, adaptive cruise, BLIS etc.

If you have the time to wait ordering is the way to go.
    Last edited by Jerryr; 07-26-2019 at 07:36 AM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In northern NV F250 and F350 are on the Costco program $100 over invoice. You might get even a better deal since Ford has a new 7.3L gas coming to the big trucks and an upgraded 6.7L diesel. Only issue is getting stuck with current supply. I dong know if you could get one ordered or not. I ordered a F-350 6.7L CC Lariat 4x4 SB with the Ford Ultimate Tow Package with cameras and TPMS for the trailer. I could not find one in stock out being a Platinum or higher.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Technojerry View Post
    In northern NV F250 and F350 are on the Costco program $100 over invoice. You might get even a better deal since Ford has a new 7.3L gas coming to the big trucks and an upgraded 6.7L diesel. Only issue is getting stuck with current supply. I dong know if you could get one ordered or not. I ordered a F-350 6.7L CC Lariat 4x4 SB with the Ford Ultimate Tow Package with cameras and TPMS for the trailer. I could not find one in stock out being a Platinum or higher.
    If you join EAA.org after being a member for 60 days you qualify for X-Plan. In addition to fixed X-plan prices dealer is limited to dealer fees of $100. Plus you can stack incentives on top.
    https://www.eaa.org/eaa/eaa-membersh...nition-program

You can check X-plan prices at fordpartner.com and input eaa01 as partner code.

You can see x-plan prices at fordpartner.com input eaa01 as partner code

I ordered my F350 using X-plan plus stacked Ford incentive Cash, UAAA Cash and a $3,000 PCO Back last year.
    Last edited by Jerryr; 08-03-2019 at 03:06 PM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast