User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have followed CWSWine's posts over several forums and I will say this, about that. If and when he posts something, you can take it to the bank as being factual and accurate. He posts nothing based on speculation or guesswork and is more knowledgeable than most people, even the ones that are in the business of knowing the laws, regulations, and towing standards.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had the spray in liner done and the hitch rails installed. Which load helpers would you guys recommend? I had air bags in my last truck and they worked great, I wanted to go a different direction with this truck. I was thinking some kind of helper spring. I was looking at the Sumo springs, they looked interesting but would like to hear real world experience. I’m not married to this kind of “helper”, just used it as an example. If air bags is the best option, I’m good with that to. Again, thank you to everyone for the advice and information.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put some Timbren SES on my GMC 2500HD pulling my 303. They work very well with no hassle with air bags. Truck only sags 1” when attaching the trailer now. Ride is quite smooth and stable too. By the way, my 2019 GMC 2500 HD diesel Denali easily handles the 303. Hardly know it’s behind me most of the time. Have pulled it over 4,000 miles with no issues. The only difference between the GMC 2500 HD and the GMC 3500 HD is s couple of extra leaf springs on the rear axle.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie_diaz View Post
    Just had the spray in liner done and the hitch rails installed. Which load helpers would you guys recommend? I had air bags in my last truck and they worked great, I wanted to go a different direction with this truck. I was thinking some kind of helper spring. I was looking at the Sumo springs, they looked interesting but would like to hear real world experience. I’m not married to this kind of “helper”, just used it as an example. If air bags is the best option, I’m good with that to. Again, thank you to everyone for the advice and information.
    Just so you know, in case you don't, you just lost another 150 lb +/- from the payload number on the sticker with the addition of the spray in bedliner and the hitch rails.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL! Again, this is all good information, but I’m sure this truck will pull the 303 without any issues. I guess now that I added the liner and rails, I’ll have to start dieting to make up for it.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL! Again, this is all good information, but I’m sure this truck will pull the 303 without any issues. I guess now that I added the liner and rails, I’ll have to start dieting to make up for it.
    Now you are beginning to understand. There are many here that value their payload sticker over actual capability. Their primary objective is to maximize the payload sticker and are willing to sacrifice capability, comfort and convenience to achieve that goal.

Also remember, when you swing by 7-11 and pick up a Big Gulp, you need to reduce that number on the payload sticker by two pounds.
    Last edited by JeffD68; 07-28-2019 at 10:18 PM.
    2019 F250 Platinum, 6.7, LB, FX4, High Capacity Tow Package
    B & W Companion
    2019 303RLS

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, you did say you have the F250, and you are overloaded on payload and GVWR already, so taking away another 150 lbs or so certainly didn't help the overloaded condition. It's NOT whether or not the F250 will TOW the trailer........it will, it's whether or not the truck will carry the weight being put on it WITHOUT being overloaded, and the answer to that question is....NO!
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slightly different setup but still on topic-
    2019 F350 diesel here towing 41ft toy hauler (non GD) with 3200lb pin weight. Tried the sumo springs and took them off within a few weeks, going with airbags. I think my particular pin weight is just a bit too much for them. They might work better in your situation.

Ernie, your F250 will physically tow your trailer just fine.

I’d estimate 75-85% of personal tow vehicles on the road are over the GVWR. We constantly see 250s and 2500s pulling triple axle 5ers in the 40ft+ range out west. Not saying its OK to do that, just know the risk and drive within your limits. If everyone actually abided by the door jamb stickers either trailer sales would plummet or diesel truck sales would skyrocket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tow a Reflections 337RLS with my Ford F250 SD with an added 4.30 rear end. I added airbags to the rear wheels to lift the truck up so that it would be parallel with the trailer and not bottom out.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socal41 View Post

I’d estimate 75-85% of personal tow vehicles on the road are over the GVWR. We constantly see 250s and 2500s pulling triple axle 5ers in the 40ft+ range out west. Not saying its OK to do that, just know the risk and drive within your limits. If everyone actually abided by the door jamb stickers either trailer sales would plummet or diesel truck sales would skyrocket.
    I agree, there are lots and lots (way too many) that tow large trailer with under-rated trucks, but it still doesn't make it right. My theory is that those folks fall into one of three catagories.....

1. They simply don't know any better and don't have a clue how to figure out if they are in towing/capacity spec or not.

2. They were told by a (fill in the blank ________) that they would be just fine with that truck and that trailer. They don't want to hear anything contrary to what that person told them, so they go on and continue.....too lazy or too afraid to find out the truth.

3. They know, and they simply don't care whether or not they are within towing/capacity limits of the their truck/trailer combination. They are all about "me..me...me" and have zero concern whether they are endangering their lives and their family's lives.......or anyone else around them on the road.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast