User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dometic Fridge Quit Working

Just bought a brand new Grand Design 303rls in April with a Dometic model RM1350SLMX. 6 weeks into our 8 week trip, the refrigerator quit Cooling. All fuses are good, chimney vent is hot to the touch, can hear the fan turning on and can hear the propane Flame turning on on on propane mode. It's not showing any error codes, and the temperature shows 60 + degrees.

Any suggestions let me get it working again until I get back to get warranty work done?

Thanks!
    Bill and Tracy
    2019 Reflection 303RLS
    2015 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Turbo Diesel
    Arizona

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think i'd be calling Dometic's Customer Service phone #.

There are some RV refrigerator repair shops around the country, and I'm about 50 miles from one. Ask if there are any shops on the route you're on.

We used to carry a Coleman 12 volt cooler as a backup to our fridge. Bought at the Coleman factory outlet inexpensively. Used it for many years until a bear in the mountains destroyed it with a big paw slap to get the butter and bacon out of it.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

303rls dometic refrigerator

Quote Originally Posted by MrBill View Post
    Just bought a brand new Grand Design 303rls in April with a Dometic model RM1350SLMX. 6 weeks into our 8 week trip, the refrigerator quit Cooling. All fuses are good, chimney vent is hot to the touch, can hear the fan turning on and can hear the propane Flame turning on on on propane mode. It's not showing any error codes, and the temperature shows 60 + degrees.

Any suggestions let me get it working again until I get back to get warranty work done?

Thanks!
    HELLO, we have had the same issues. The vents on the outside of the rv behind the refrigerator are not generating enough airflow. To correct this we installed two fans on the backside of the refrigerator behind the vent cover. They auto turn on when the outside temp is 90*. We saw a 30% heat reduction. We also installed to small fans inside the refrigerator and attached them to the metal vents.