User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone installed an auxiliary water tank?

We are new to a Solitude 374TH and I was a mite disappointed to learn that despite the published spec of ~117 G (105 if you subtract the 12G HWT) of fresh water, our water tank only holds between 75 and 80. As we boondock almost exclusively, I really would like to add another 25-30 gallons of capacity. Has anyone added an auxiliary tank in their rig? If so, can you share your experiences?
    Thanks
    Rob, Chris and fur baby Maya - Follow us at rctravels.rmcd.ca
    2019 Solitude 374TH, Victron Multiplus II 3000 2x120, Cerbo GX, 6x Battle Born 100AH, 1800W Solar, Blue Sky CC's, Starlink
    2023 GMC Sierra Duramax Denali 4x4 DRW Longbox Crew Cab, Curt Q25

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would think that’s going to be a major undertaking. Have you considered getting a water bag for the back of the truck?

https://www.amazon.com/AQUATANK2-Wat...gateway&sr=8-3
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    Have you considered getting a water bag for the back of the truck?
    We have one of these (http://discrv.tripod.com/waterboy.html) but would like to add a tank if we can. I believe the 376 had an option for an aux tank somewhere.
    2019 Solitude 374TH, Victron Multiplus II 3000 2x120, Cerbo GX, 6x Battle Born 100AH, 1800W Solar, Blue Sky CC's, Starlink

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    Have you considered getting a water bag for the back of the truck?
    We have one of these (http://discrv.tripod.com/waterboy.html) which works OK, but I want to avoid having to make extra runs to get water. I believe the Momentum 376TH has an aux tank as an option. I'm not sure how it is plumbed though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Old thread, but were you ever able to add an aux tank? I have a 376th and was quite bummed to see the usable capacity is only 80ish gallons. Had I known that up front I would have purchased a different model RV.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin5268d View Post
    Old thread, but were you ever able to add an aux tank? I have a 376th and was quite bummed to see the usable capacity is only 80ish gallons. Had I known that up front I would have purchased a different model RV.
    No, we didn't. After looking at what would be involved and the extra weight ( we are at gross now ), we decided to just carry extra water in the TV. Between the Waterboy and a couple of drums I can carry an extra 90 gallons. We frequently run with the drums full which is an extra 30 gals when we are headed out to the boonies.
    I was never able to find any doc on an aux tank in the Momentums.
    -Rob-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adding extra water to the tow vehicle is probably the better option - I have extra cargo capacity in my dually but these trailers are definitely short on allowed weight. I've been looking at getting a tank that's half diesel / half fresh water to mount in my truck bed but at the end of the day I really need more water capacity as we want to do extended boondocking.

What kind of drums are you using? Just the regular 5 gallon plastic ones or have you found something better?

As luck would have it I need to replace the fresh tank in my 376 but weight wise I don't know if I can really add anything larger. Also, I found out today from GD customer support that "it's not recommended to travel with a full water tank"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin5268d View Post

What kind of drums are you using? Just the regular 5 gallon plastic ones or have you found something better?

As luck would have it I need to replace the fresh tank in my 376 but weight wise I don't know if I can really add anything larger. Also, I found out today from GD customer support that "it's not recommended to travel with a full water tank"
    I picked up 2 15 gallon drums from a u-brew place and also use 2 7.5 gallon blue Aquatainer jugs. I also carry a 30 gallon drum for waste water.
    We regularly run with our onboard fresh tank full although if we don't have to we don't. Haven't had any issues yet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 9.20.11 PM.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	337.7 KB 
ID:	31449