User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replacing living area TV

I am considering replacing the large TV above the fireplace with a better, smart TV. Is it generally an easy swap if you stay with the same size? Most TV's use the 4 hole mounting scheme.

Has anyone swapped the TCL for a Samsung for example?
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 40" TCL died so I replaced it with the same size Sharp smart TV. The problem is the TCL and lift mechanism use a 100 X 100 mount and the Sharp has a 200 X 200 mount. I need to order an adapter plate (Amazon) to make it work. The TV's just sitting on top of the counter since we're in a seasonal site.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KirbyRVA View Post
    I am considering replacing the large TV above the fireplace with a better, smart TV. Is it generally an easy swap if you stay with the same size? Most TV's use the 4 hole mounting scheme.

I swapped to another TCL of a similar size (mine died also) and all I had to do is drill some new holes in the bracket. It is soft metal and drilled easily. I was a little Leary of another TCL but it is a smart TV which is nice and Costco had a good deal and we've been happy with it. Even if you had to modify with some extra metal pieces it should be doable, good luck.
    Rich
    Rich And Janet (no dog or cats, 8 grandkids but not with us all at once)
    Onalaska, WA
    2011 F350, 4X4, B&W hitch
    2016 Solitude 300GK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did. But I believe I had a smaller TV then you may have. So I swapped out the mounting bracket. Not sure if your tv manual will show where the holes are in the back....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Julie and Gage, the BFGS
    ´15 Solitude 369RL
    Aguanga, CA
    Tri Cities, WA

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbopp View Post
    Our 40" TCL died so I replaced it with the same size Sharp smart TV. The problem is the TCL and lift mechanism use a 100 X 100 mount and the Sharp has a 200 X 200 mount. I need to order an adapter plate (Amazon) to make it work. The TV's just sitting on top of the counter since we're in a seasonal site.
    Actually, I could also just let the new TV sit on the counter top. We have our Solitude on a 'permanent' site and don't expect to ever move it. If the new TV fits on the televator, I will mount it. If not, I may just let it sit on top.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We swapped it for a Vizio. We were in Kingman AZ when ours finally died, and that's what WalMart had there.

One note, pay attention to the holes for mounting. The holes in the newer TVs are standardized, and further apart than what was on the mounting bracket. My husband had to make some modifications to make it fit. He made 2 aluminum adapter strips.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)