Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Got locked out of 303

I am camping with our 303. Yesterday locking doors and all of a sudden key came out and deadbolt slot was at 9 0'clock position. Deadbolt is in lock position. Tried to put key back in but would not go all the way in. All my windows were locked. In my storage compartment I had my cordless drill and drill bits. I drilled the middle of the deadbolt cylinder out. Then I put a screwdriver in the middle of the hollow cylinder slot and was able to turn the deadbolt to the unlock position. What a big relief that was! Sure glad I had the cordless drill and bits in my underneath compartment! I camp with a well stocked tool box. Sent Dean in customer service an email and he is sending me a new lock set mechanism. Great Service GD and Dean!

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's a little discouraging that you could actually get it open that easily. I guess any crook could do the same thing without too much effort. But glad they are sending you the parts.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    That's a little discouraging that you could actually get it open that easily. I guess any crook could do the same thing without too much effort. But glad they are sending you the parts.
    Yes it actually drilled very easy. I also sent a email to Fastec Industrial and let them know what happen because they are recalling certain key code cylinders for having problems. My code was not on their list of recalls. Anyone can go to their webpage and look up the affected key codes and they explain what can happen and will send you new cylinders. There website is www.fastecindustrial.com

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I suppose I'm glad my lock is a Global-Link lock even though it's made in China. Strange that both Global-Link and FIS locks have the same key numbers with different prefix's and the keys are NOT interchangeable. ie: FIS key HF-342 is not interchangeable with GL key G-342.
    2018 GD Reflections 337RLS, 2021 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC w/auto level dually, TrailAir pinbox, B&W Companion hitch, Fold-A-Cover Tonneau

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Lucky View Post
    Yes it actually drilled very easy. I also sent a email to Fastec Industrial and let them know what happen because they are recalling certain key code cylinders for having problems. My code was not on their list of recalls. Anyone can go to their webpage and look up the affected key codes and they explain what can happen and will send you new cylinders. There website is www.fastecindustrial.com
    We had been locked out on/but it opened. The worst was when I got locked in with Gary gone(he locked the door as he left) had to take apart the lock one handed because I had a broken wrist. Our lock was also not on the recall list. Locks replaced that following week.
    Marcy
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/