User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Save yourself and your back: Get the Sleep Number

Ok, I have fought, and resisted, and kicked, and yelled, and SCREAMED, and spent good money after bad, refusing to consider getting one of those outrageously expensive Sleep Number mattresses. I had bought 2 mattresses, 2 mattress toppers, and tried all permutations (mattress #1 w/topper #1 on top, topper #2 on bottom, topper #2 on top, topper #1 on bottom, Toppers #1 &2 on top, mattress #1 on bottom, etc. - you get the point. I convinced myself that I could get a good night’s sleep for my wife and I without dropping all that crazy money on an overpriced inflatable air mattress.

Well, I was in denial. HUGELY.

When we switched over to full-timing, it became indispensable that we get a bed we could sleep on. As good as Mattress #1 & #2 were, and as good as Toppers #1 & 2 were, I wasn’t sleeping comfortably - and neither was my wife. So I literally read EVERY.POST.HERE regarding Sleep Number mattresses. Having sold the house I decided to give it a try.

The Sleep Number thing works. Wonderfully. This coming from the guy who was an avowed denier of the “expensive air mattress” thing.

To my fellow deniers, save yourself some time, grief, and sleepless nights, and go buy it. Pay once, cry once. Camping World (who I’m not a big fan of) had the R5 RV Short Queen on sale for $1,497. They also gave me an additional 15% coupon and free shipping, along with a 100-night try-it guarantee.

I was out the door (online) for around $1,100 or so.

I’m sleeping wonderfully now. My number is 35. The wife is a 25.

Seriously, do it.

Mods: you can close all threads concerning mattresses. I have witnessed the flying pigs.
    Last edited by jim1521; 07-21-2019 at 11:52 AM.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good for you Jim1521!

We have found thru nearly 10 yrs of Sleep Number ownership with 3 mattresses, it's the best. Very first thing when we brought the trailer home was get rid of the other cheap mattress. And yeah, we bought it at CW too. It was the best deal!

We recently went FT, so having the Sleep number bed made the transition so much easier, at least for sleeping. [emoji16]

Sent from LB's phone using Tapatalk
    Lynette & Steve
    2001 Ford Excursion 4WD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
    Former Owner - 2018 315RLTS Reflection TT

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburgerts View Post
    Good for you Jim1521!

We have found thru nearly 10 yrs of Sleep Number ownership with 3 mattresses, it's the best. Very first thing when we brought the trailer home was get rid of the other cheap mattress. And yeah, we bought it at CW too. It was the best deal!
    So am I misreading that you've had to buy 3 Sleep Number mattresses in 10 years! If so, why? What happens to them?
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
    So am I misreading that you've had to buy 3 Sleep Number mattresses in 10 years! If so, why? What happens to them?
    I think you are misreading what he wrote. We just recently (last week) got rid of a Sleep Number bed that was 22+ years old and of course replaced it with another one. We actually have two now...one in the Master Bdrm and one in the guest Bdrm. We actually have a mattress in the Momentum that is Queen size and both of us like it pretty much. Most likely though, after I retire in April next year and we are spending more time in the Camper, we'll probably move the guest Bdrm S.N. out to the Camper and put that mattress in the guest Bdrm.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ve been sleeping on our sleep number in the Reflection for a year. Only scary moment we had was when we didn’t air down be going from Kansas to Colorado. That thing was hard and stiff as a rock from the pressure.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chemist308 View Post
    We’ve been sleeping on our sleep number in the Reflection for a year. Only scary moment we had was when we didn’t air down be going from Kansas to Colorado. That thing was hard and stiff as a rock from the pressure.
    Yep, that's one thing you have to keep in mind when you do elevation changes. Temperature changes will affect it to, but hey, press the button and let it do it's thing....pretty easy and without a doubt, the best bed I've ever slept on.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    I think you are misreading what he wrote. We just recently (last week) got rid of a Sleep Number bed that was 22+ years old and of course replaced it with another one. We actually have two now...one in the Master Bdrm and one in the guest Bdrm. We actually have a mattress in the Momentum that is Queen size and both of us like it pretty much. Most likely though, after I retire in April next year and we are spending more time in the Camper, we'll probably move the guest Bdrm S.N. out to the Camper and put that mattress in the guest Bdrm.
    We are like you, but we are on our 4th sleep number bed. We replaced our 20+ year old sleep number bed with a new I10, we bought an I7 for our daughter and a S1 for our 2800bh. I sleep great everywhere!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh no no.... 3 different bedrooms... all with SN beds. Luv them. Always have, always will.

Sent from LB's phone using Tapatalk
    Lynette & Steve
    2001 Ford Excursion 4WD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
    Former Owner - 2018 315RLTS Reflection TT

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, I don’t think that’s an outrageous price for a bed. A traditional pillow top in the furniture stores are all of that and more. I might have to look into one myself. I had thought they were more expensive than that.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had a sleep number in the house for years and have one on order for the RV.

They may seem expensive but then again, you spend about 1/3 of your life in bed, why not make it a comfortable as possible.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast