User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Tank Flush

Does the water supply being used to flush the black tank need to be pressured regulated like the feed into the potable water supply at the Nautilus ?
    Terry, Veva, and Duke
    GD 376Th
    2007 Chev Classic 3500 DRW
    2014 Ultra Limited HD
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would depend on the supply pressure. If if was reasonable (say 40 to 60 psi) probably not. We stayed in a KOA in Salt Lake once. The pressure at the pedestal was 100 psi. In that case it would definitely good idea given how delicate the water systems on these trailers seem to be.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Another question, I read where someone said they usually travel with 10 Gallons of clean water in their black tank. Is that a good idea and do you just put the water into the tank thru the flush valve at the Nautilus and just keep the dump valve closed ?
    Terry, Veva, and Duke
    GD 376Th
    2007 Chev Classic 3500 DRW
    2014 Ultra Limited HD
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryScott View Post
    Thanks. Another question, I read where someone said they usually travel with 10 Gallons of clean water in their black tank. Is that a good idea and do you just put the water into the tank thru the flush valve at the Nautilus and just keep the dump valve closed ?
    It is a good idea, though you probably don't need ten gallons. I usually put Borax water softener and Dawn dish soap in with the water (search for "GEO Method" for more info) before traveling. The objective is to get a washing-machine-like action going to clean the tank and the sensors in it and my experience is that it probably works.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch