User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuffsaid View Post
    I am still on the hunt for a better set of springs! All of the springs on the 2018 310GK are flat or reverse arched. The trailer is always supported with the hydraulic jacks, so just junk springs. Has anyone else had any luck finding a 4000 lb spring that works on our trailers?
    Have been following most of these posts about springs and especially installing CRE 3000 and Heavy duty shackle kits. Have posted earlier this week about getting my CRE3000 and shackles installed at a shop that I checked out fully and watched as they pulled my springs off the axels which surprised me. One eyelet on that first spring removed did NOT even have a Bushing! After they cleaned the eyelets thoroughly on that first spring, the new Bronze Morryde Bushings slid in easily as you stated also Nuuffsaid, ChoChris. Left after that first set of springs were reinstalled on the axel, but the technicians said the other two springs were the same and Bushings also went in them easily. I have since gone back to the repair shop and asked why he totally removed the springs. I watched as he had to basically cut a groove in the old Bushing to get it out. The new ones slid in easily though. He told me that after numerous Wetbolt replacements it was easier to pull the springs to get the Old Bushings out. I had a concern about needing to check the 4 nuts on each of the U BOLTS holding the Springs to the axels as all the videos I watched, on replacing wet bolts, did NOT remove the springs. FT4NOW responded that those nuts need to be checked periodically for security as they can become loosened. That is fine, as I have to lube the now greasable Wetbolts periodically anyway. I found the Torque for those nuts to be 90 Ft lbs, so I will just bring a Torque wrench under the RV with me to check those U Bolt Nuts. I also will start back up on a Sit-Up exercise program, to make sliding under the axels a Tad easier For Crying Out Loud!! This Forum is an Ever Educational Experience, that I Truly appreciate!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mike and Jane, Two retired Educators/ One retired Army Aviator
    3 Mini Tri AUSIES
    2018 310 GK 2019 Chevy Duramax 3500 4W/D SRW L/B
    BW 18000 lb Hitch, BACKFLIP TONNAU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 1st Cav Duke View Post
    Have been following most of these posts about springs and especially installing CRE 3000 and Heavy duty shackle kits. Have posted earlier this week about getting my CRE3000 and shackles installed at a shop that I checked out fully and watched as they pulled my springs off the axels which surprised me. One eyelet on that first spring removed did NOT even have a Bushing! After they cleaned the eyelets thoroughly on that first spring, the new Bronze Morryde Bushings slid in easily as you stated also Nuuffsaid, ChoChris. Left after that first set of springs were reinstalled on the axel, but the technicians said the other two springs were the same and Bushings also went in them easily. I have since gone back to the repair shop and asked why he totally removed the springs. I watched as he had to basically cut a groove in the old Bushing to get it out. The new ones slid in easily though. He told me that after numerous Wetbolt replacements it was easier to pull the springs to get the Old Bushings out. I had a concern about needing to check the 4 nuts on each of the U BOLTS holding the Springs to the axels as all the videos I watched, on replacing wet bolts, did NOT remove the springs. FT4NOW responded that those nuts need to be checked periodically for security as they can become loosened. That is fine, as I have to lube the now greasable Wetbolts periodically anyway. I found the Torque for those nuts to be 90 Ft lbs, so I will just bring a Torque wrench under the RV with me to check those U Bolt Nuts. I also will start back up on a Sit-Up exercise program, to make sliding under the axels a Tad easier For Crying Out Loud!! This Forum is an Ever Educational Experience, that I Truly appreciate!
    Maybe my Spider Like Senses were bugging me, not sure. Maybe after 22 years as an Army Aviator, Preflighting first Cobra Gunships, then Apache Helicopters, I learned to question something that doesn't Look right, sound right, or feel right, before jumping in and cranking and Taking off. I learned to Trust our TI's, to check out any suspicions I had. Just got back from checking those 16, U Bolt nuts holding my Springs on my Axles, for proper Torque, and was just a little P/O'd. Not even close to the required 90 ft lbs required. The Springs themselves were still looking OK, not flat at all. We don't load anything other than water hoses and dump hose equipment and Two lawn chairs and minimal tools in the Storage bays. It was a tight fit though, getting under the Front Axel to check the rear Axel U Bolt nuts. Will definitely be starting that Sit-up regimen! LOL
    It does however, seem convincing that those Bushings from Morryde or wherever, should be tightly fitting in those Spring Eyelets. If you ever find out about better made Springs, Nuffsaid, as CoChris mentioned, please share info.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mike and Jane, Two retired Educators/ One retired Army Aviator
    3 Mini Tri AUSIES
    2018 310 GK 2019 Chevy Duramax 3500 4W/D SRW L/B
    BW 18000 lb Hitch, BACKFLIP TONNAU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is way down the road so no doubt the issue has been solved. I broke a spring on my 2020 303RLS so I bought a new set complete with new bushings for the Morryde 4000 hanger and wet bolt kit. I too noticed that the bushings were very loose when I installed the wet bolts and have been worrying about it ever since.

Sure enough, when I pulled the broken spring the bushing on the broken end was completely worn through on one side. Just what I was expecting to find but dreading nevertheless.

I also have the same problem with the spring eyes that everyone has been discussing. The eyes are so out of round that even if you get the bushings in them the bolts won't insert. I'm not sure if taking some metal off the spring eye is such a good idea, but they're so out of round that I'd be almost through the bushing if I filed it to get the bolt to fit.

Now that a couple of years have gone by, has anyone else discovered the magic fix for this?
    2020 303RLS MorRyde 4000
    2021 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW 4x4
    14,000 GVW Auto Leveling
    B&W Companion3600

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always run a reamer through the bushing after pressing it in place. Only takes a second, and lets the bolts slide right in.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the “how much do bushings in spring eyes matter department”. When I pulled the one wet bolt that wouldn’t take grease out of my right rear spring eye, there was no bushing and no evidence that there ever was one. This on a one year old trailer. I put a new bushing in there along with a new wet bolt. Fit just fine, no need to do the Hoppy ream.

Been wondering ever since if the other three spring hanger bolts are sans bushing. But they take grease so I’m letting them be for now.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12