User Tag List

Thread: 2500RL Question

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2500RL Question

I just got this TT. It has three vents in the roof. The ones in the kitchen and bath have a powered fan. The one in the bedroom is just a vent. No fan. Does anyone know if power is there if I wanted to put in a maxxfan or something else?
    2016 Ford F-150
    2020 Grand Design 2500RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SJMaye View Post
    I just got this TT. It has three vents in the roof. The ones in the kitchen and bath have a powered fan. The one in the bedroom is just a vent. No fan. Does anyone know if power is there if I wanted to put in a maxxfan or something else?
    Should have everything you need there as it is pre-wired for second AC per the GD specs.

rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SJMaye View Post
    The 2500RL has a 30 amp service and 2nd A/C is not available according to GDRV website, no a/c wiring there. I'd give customer service a call to verify.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    The 2500RL has a 30 amp service and 2nd A/C is not available according to GDRV website, no a/c wiring there. I'd give customer service a call to verify.
    I stand corrected. The second A/C and 50 amp service seems to be only on some of the bigger Imagine trailers like the 2800BH and 2970RL. Thanks for clearing that up Kim. I misread the spec sheet.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    I stand corrected. The second A/C and 50 amp service seems to be only on some of the bigger Imagine trailers like the 2800BH and 2970RL. Thanks for clearing that up Kim. I misread the spec sheet.

Rob
    No worries Rob! I have a buddy with a 2600RB and I remembered his didn't have the option of a second a/c and that the 2500 was similar.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the OP wanted to just add a fan?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    Probably the easiest way. Just thought someone would know. Thanks!
    2016 Ford F-150
    2020 Grand Design 2500RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a thread in the "Interior" section titled "2600 RB fishing wiring from Kitchen Fan for Bedroom Fan w/ Pictures." The TT is different, but the technique will be the same to run wiring to the vent opening in the 2500RL. Rebecca, also has a post in "Interior" that directly addresses the issue called "How to wire a fan in bedroom vent for Imagine 2500RL." There is another write-up in the "Mods and DIY" section, called "MaxxFan 4500K Installation", that also has a lot of good information. (I need to learn how to do embedded links!)

I've been prepping to do this install and have determined that the bathroom and kitchen fans are on different circuits. Since the bathroom fan has a wall switch, I will be running 14 gauge AWG wire from the kitchen fan to make the bedroom connection, in much the same manner as Rivercityjeff did in his 2600 RB. Since only the kitchen lights and two fans (after the bedroom install) will be on the same 12v circuit, the fifteen amp fuse shouldn't be overtaxed.
    David & Catherine
    2023 Ford F-150 3.5L EcoBoost w/Max Tow, Equalizer 4-Point Hitch
    2022 Imagine 2500RL

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I a;ready fished wire from the kitchen vent fan up to the bedroom. Wasn't too bad. The other post recommended a metal coat hanger which I agree would be ideal. I just did not have one. I tried several things, but ended up using some romex as a fish tape and pulled the wire from the kitchen fan to the bathroom fan and then on to the bedroom.

I have the wire ready. I now need the time to install the new fan.
    2016 Ford F-150
    2020 Grand Design 2500RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]