User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 29G. 30 amp service with 2 A/C units. Not sure what GD was thinking, but it was a dumb decision. Another problem is the furnace output or the lack of it. It sucks in cold weather. Not sure if the regulator needs replaced or GD undersized the furnace? And when comes to unloading the motorcycle, user beware. The ramp's down angle is too steep. You need to raise the camper's tongue as high as possible or you'll slide down backwards with zero chance of stopping. Thinking of adding an additional ramp extension. Other than that it's a pretty good camper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 28G, same platform as the 29G. I can run both my AC units off the 4K generator and have had no issues yet. Not sure how it will work with shore power, I have not been successful plugging in shore power w/o tripping my GFCI at home. This never happened with my previous trailers. Still trying to figure out where it is grounding out.
    Scott O.
    2018 Ram 2500 Big Horn Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins
    2019 28G Momentum

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bcv1218 View Post
    I have the 28G, same platform as the 29G. I can run both my AC units off the 4K generator and have had no issues yet. Not sure how it will work with shore power, I have not been successful plugging in shore power w/o tripping my GFCI at home. This never happened with my previous trailers. Still trying to figure out where it is grounding out.
    Just FYI, there is a current thread about this very subject on the forum. (sorry can't link, but search and you'll find it.) A gentleman on there recently figured out and solved the issue, and I will be having my dealership service dept address the issue under warranty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just picked up a 25G, came with 30A service and 2 ACs. It also came with the "Mini-EMS." From the owner's manual I downloaded the other day:

The Mini-EMS can temporarily shed 120-volt AC appliances
    such as the refrigerator and water heater. If a further reduction
    in power is required, the second air conditioner and lastly the
    first air conditioner is shed. As the “additional appliances” are
    turned OFF, and after a minimum of 2 minutes, the Mini-EMS
    will automatically return power to each of the shed loads in
    reverse sequence.
    With all that being said, I have no idea how effectively it works in real life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 29g does have 30amp and 2 AC's. It has a built in "balancer". When I questioned this it was explained in pretty good detail to me at the dealer and he showed me how the panel displays the actual amperage draw. say you have both AC's running, and you decide you need to microwave something, the unit will shut the AC pump off on the forward AC automatically until the draw goes away. Then a few minutes after the draw it turns the compressor back on. I have not tested this yet since we just picked the TT up 2 weeks ago, but going out this weekend and will put it through the test and see what happens and post back here. I am curious myself. I know the first trip out both AC's did work fine together and kept the TT plenty cool on a very hot day in Tennessee.
    Neil and Joyce Anderson
    2021 Grand Design Momentum 29G
    2010 F350SD Dually / 2019 Harley Ultra Limited (Mine) / 2016 Harley Street Glide (Wife's)
    Might get to retire someday if we ever stop spending money!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12