User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Does anyone have a 29G?

This new model seems to check a lot of boxes for us. However there are none locally to get in and check out in person. Not many reviews for it either.

Our couple questions are-
    *Is the 30 amp service large enough to run both ACs at the same time? I have a similar size TT and the single 13.5 BTU works it’s butt off if it’s hot out to maintain 78 degrees on hot days. I would really like to get a dual AC model, but I don’t see how a 30 amp can run 2 ACs at the same time.

*Does anyone know how heavy the hitch is with a generator and propane filled? I thought I read someone weight it @ 1500 lbs dry.

*Does anyone know how it tows empty/loaded? My truck pulls a same length bunk house no problem. It is lighter though. I have heard that longer bumper pull toy haulers can be a handful.

*How is the fold up mattress and bed on the slide? Does it tend to rock the camper more than a north-south bed?

Next in line would be a 320G or 351M. I prefer to keep the bumper pull style and shorter length, but not if there are too many sacrifices.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyBell View Post
    This new model seems to check a lot of boxes for us. However there are none locally to get in and check out in person. Not many reviews for it either.

Our couple questions are-
    *Is the 30 amp service large enough to run both ACs at the same time? I have a similar size TT and the single 13.5 BTU works it’s butt off if it’s hot out to maintain 78 degrees on hot days. I would really like to get a dual AC model, but I don’t see how a 30 amp can run 2 ACs at the same time.

*Does anyone know how heavy the hitch is with a generator and propane filled? I thought I read someone weight it @ 1500 lbs dry.

*Does anyone know how it tows empty/loaded? My truck pulls a same length bunk house no problem. It is lighter though. I have heard that longer bumper pull toy haulers can be a handful.

*How is the fold up mattress and bed on the slide? Does it tend to rock the camper more than a north-south bed?

Next in line would be a 320G or 351M. I prefer to keep the bumper pull style and shorter length, but not if there are too many sacrifices.

I'm not sure if it can run 2 off of 30 amp or not. They may have incorporated the load shedding feature of the 50 amp rigs if it does. My 381 will run all three AC's off of 50 by staggering the compressors and turning them off if needed. If the 29G does do this don't expect to run anything but the 2 AC's at the same time. I will think the fridge would probably to put it over 30 amps if the AC's were running.
    2018 F450 Lariat Ultimate
    2019 Momentum 381

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by motocamper View Post
    I'm not sure if it can run 2 off of 30 amp or not. They may have incorporated the load shedding feature of the 50 amp rigs if it does. My 381 will run all three AC's off of 50 by staggering the compressors and turning them off if needed. If the 29G does do this don't expect to run anything but the 2 AC's at the same time. I will think the fridge would probably to put it over 30 amps if the AC's were running.
    So I called customer support. He said you can not run both AC at the same time. It does indeed come with the 30 amp service even if the 2nd AC is optioned. I really don't understand the point of adding the 2nd AC if you can't run it.... He confirmed the larger units with the 50 amp service can run multiple at the same time.

This is a pretty big design fail on GDs part.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I called customer support. He said you can not run both AC at the same time. It does indeed come with the 30 amp service even if the 2nd AC is optioned. I really don't understand the point of adding the 2nd AC if you can't run it.... He confirmed the larger units with the 50 amp service can run multiple at the same time.

This confuses me. I'm also interested in the Momentum 29G model, and have searched for units close to me for a dealer visit. One such unit is listed with two AC units (factory installed), and it's also listed as having a 50A electrical hook-up. I wonder if GD might install the 50A service with a factory supplied 2nd AC unit?

John

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're in really hot weather you'll want an A/C just for the bedroom, at night!
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhsellers View Post
    This confuses me. I'm also interested in the Momentum 29G model, and have searched for units close to me for a dealer visit. One such unit is listed with two AC units (factory installed), and it's also listed as having a 50A electrical hook-up. I wonder if GD might install the 50A service with a factory supplied 2nd AC unit?

John
    Unless they changed something recently, I think they only have 30amp.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am also looking at ordering a 29G. I confirmed with someone from the Grand Design factory that the 29G does come with 50amp service if you order the second A/C unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its keeping me from buying one for sure! I did my research and other than smallish exterior storage it was the clearcut winner. However I refuse to buy something with a known design flaw and a manufacturer pretending for it to be a non issue. The owners manual says that the ac's will draw between 14-18 amps each. I just dont understand what they are thinking...

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan64260 View Post
    Its keeping me from buying one for sure! I did my research and other than smallish exterior storage it was the clearcut winner. However I refuse to buy something with a known design flaw and a manufacturer pretending for it to be a non issue. The owners manual says that the ac's will draw between 14-18 amps each. I just dont understand what they are thinking...
    I spoke to the factory person again, and he was wrong. He even said that the upcoming 31G will only be 30 amps, which is very disappointing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are they doing there? Seems the principles they were founded on have been buried under/with Winnebago's money

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast