Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nisbitch View Post
    Were you able to screw this straight into the wall, or did you screw a piece of wood into the wall and the mount into the new wood?
    I asked my dealer about "plating" the mount area with a square of plywood and the dealer dude says that there is a steel plate behind your finished wall that you can trace out with a strong magnet. Your actually screwing to a tin/steel plate and not just into the thin wood laminate or aluminum frame beams. I still might desire to plate it to better spread out and solidify that mounting point.
    Last edited by larry0071; 06-16-2020 at 08:02 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nisbitch View Post
    Were you able to screw this straight into the wall, or did you screw a piece of wood into the wall and the mount into the new wood?
    Straight into the wall. I used a magnet to find the backing plate, marked the edges with masking tape to make sure all the screws went into it, opened the door to make sure it would clear, and put a half-inch gap between the tv and the valence over the window.

We never watch the TV fully extended as it really doesn't bother me to have some angle, but for those curious, it extends far enough to put the 32" Visio 90 degrees from the wall if you wanted to.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BedroomTV.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	27335
    2019 F350 6.7L PS SRW CCSB Platinum
    2021 28BH with theater seating and 2nd AC
    2019 Imagine 2400BH w/solar (sold)
    https://rolling.howardweb.info/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by larry0071 View Post
    I asked my dealer about "plating" the mount area with a square of plywood and the dealer dude says that there is a still plate behind your finished wall that you can trace out with a strong magnet. Your actually screwing to a tin/steel plate and not just into the thin wood laminate or aluminum frame beams. I still might desire to plate it to better spread out and solidify that mounting point.
    At least for the mount I used, the mount plate that goes on the wall is about 8" x 10". No need for any other added structure with that size of plate. All 6 1/4" screws are into the factory metal backing plate.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jh.xsnrg View Post
    At least for the mount I used, the mount plate that goes on the wall is about 8" x 10". No need for any other added structure with that size of plate. All 6 1/4" screws are into the factory metal backing plate.
    Awesome, good to hear. I just ordered the one that you bought with the pull rope latch, I'll have 2 of the MORryde versions and the one you linked coming to me tomorrow. I need to make an emergency run for a bunch of these little smart televisions so that I can get them all hung this weekend.

I also need a high-rise bathroom faucet and a better shower head I suppose. My "old" 2020 trailer had all the required upgrades finished. Now I spend almost $60K and start over spending money on upgrades.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by larry0071 View Post
    Awesome, good to hear. I just ordered the one that you bought with the pull rope latch, I'll have 2 of the MORryde versions and the one you linked coming to me tomorrow. I need to make an emergency run for a bunch of these little smart televisions so that I can get them all hung this weekend.

I also need a high-rise bathroom faucet and a better shower head I suppose. My "old" 2020 trailer had all the required upgrades finished. Now I spend almost $60K and start over spending money on upgrades.
    That is the way of the glamper. I am going to start a new thread at some point with a list of everything we have done so far to our 2021

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jh.xsnrg View Post
    Did you predrill the plate? Or use self tapping screws?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pre-drilled small holes and used big screws #12s IIRC

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We chose not to put a TV in the bedroom but I agree that the Shower is small in the 311BHS. As long as you mentioned it, I'll add my 2 cents on it. Why don't they make shower stalls with shelfs big enough to hold a soap dish, shampoo and conditioner bottles. The 2-3 inch wide shelves are pretty much worthless. The door rubber edge gaskets kept partially falling off so I used silicon on the glass door edge and put the gaskets back on to secure them in place. It isn't the prettiest thing to look at but it works. The doors don't stay closed well enough to prevent water from leaking so I use one of those bendable gear ties to keep the doors shut tight and I replaced the piece of crap shower head with an Oxygenics Fury shower head. Ok. Shower rant done!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mounted a 32” with the exact same mount. Make sure it clicks into that locked position though. I noticed that the latch doesn’t always snap up. Don’t want that tv swinging freely during transit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12