User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water in chlorplast underbelly

Hello all- My wife and I purchased a 2019 Transcend in early April and took it out for its maiden voyage this past weekend (Delaware Water Gap KOA).
    Other than a leak in the cold water line to the main bath fixture, everything seemed fine. Upon hooking up to leave yesterday morning (and all the draining and prep
    that goes with that), I heard a good and steady water stream hitting the ground. I looked underneath and there was a stream of water for a good minute or so
    coming from directly in the middle (lowest point) of the chloroplast underbelly (pic attached below).

I got it home and crawled underneath. There are three holes about half the size of a penny purposely cut out in the chloroplast- one on the left side, one in the middle, and one on the right-
    in almost a direct line. This line of holes appears to be there every 5 or 6 feet, or so from front to back of the bottom. The hole where my water was coming out was near the middle, closer to the front.

I'm assuming these holes are for ventilation, but any ideas where this water came from?

FYI- no noises of leaks in the three or four days we were there, we were hooked up to city water, no shortage of water pressure.
    None of my grey or black tanks read more full than 3/4 before I emptied them, so doubt anything was overfilled.
    I tried to recreate the scene at home by running about a minutes worth of water through a standard garden hose into both black tank flushes, but got no water down there.
    Also ran shower and kitchen sink for a couple of minutes, but no water. We did have a lot of steady rain Monday afternoon.

I'm thinking water was pooled somewhere in the belly and it moved forward when I hitched up and the front was a bit lower and that's when it leaked out.

Thanks everyone. I'm new to owning, but so far my family is loving it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trailer leak.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	21560
    2019 F-250, 6.7L Powerstroke
    2019 Transcend, 32BHS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you towed the trailer in the rain? The belly on mine picks up water if we tow while it is raining and I have seen ours dibble water out the next time we set it up even a couple days after the rain storm.
    2019 Imagine 2600 RB
    2016 Ford F350 CCLB SRW

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply, Graybuck. We did not tow in the rain, though I did read about others having your issue.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to know more about this. Do you know where the water is getting into the belly? Just wondering because the first time we took ours out there was a small drip from the same point on ours and it was raining when we drove it. At the time I thought it was just water that had collected there from when I drained the fresh water system and some splashed up. It is quite the flow rate when you pull that drain handle. Since that trip I haven't had water drip from there and I did top up the spray foam Grand Design had put between the frame and the chloroplast. Thanks!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a previous camper had this problem because they forgot to put silicone around bottom lip of outside walls and when it rained water would run down side of camper and get under camper on top of plastic. A bead of silicone around trim at bottom solved the problem.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Check the connections at your hot water tank. Typically the just cut a big hole in the floor and the hoses go down through there to the Pex lines. If those plastic bypass valves are leaking (or any other fitting) it tends to go right down the hoses into the underbelly and pool up on the coroplast.
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all who replied. I appreciate it. I found a loose connection in the main bath cold water line to the fixture. It was running water down the line through the cutout everytime we washed our hands, etc. I thought it was a loose clamp, but turned out they just didnt tighten it (at all!) during the install.

Anyway, I tightened it up and it's not leaking. I have a good feeling that was it, especially since I couldn't recreate the water in the underbelly any other way I tried. We'll have it out again in two weeks- heading to MD- so I'll update here on how that goes.

Thanks again, all.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2019 Transcend, 32BHS

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure and check all the P-traps in the rig also.
    Our Momentum had the shower p-trap come all the way undone and drown the underbelly. Wet insulation sucks. The dealer got the job of replacing it. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JacksonFive View Post
    Hello all- My wife and I purchased a 2019 Transcend in early April and took it out for its maiden voyage this past weekend (Delaware Water Gap KOA).
    Other than a leak in the cold water line to the main bath fixture, everything seemed fine. Upon hooking up to leave yesterday morning (and all the draining and prep
    that goes with that), I heard a good and steady water stream hitting the ground. I looked underneath and there was a stream of water for a good minute or so
    coming from directly in the middle (lowest point) of the chloroplast underbelly (pic attached below).

I got it home and crawled underneath. There are three holes about half the size of a penny purposely cut out in the chloroplast- one on the left side, one in the middle, and one on the right-
    in almost a direct line. This line of holes appears to be there every 5 or 6 feet, or so from front to back of the bottom. The hole where my water was coming out was near the middle, closer to the front.

I'm assuming these holes are for ventilation, but any ideas where this water came from?

FYI- no noises of leaks in the three or four days we were there, we were hooked up to city water, no shortage of water pressure.
    None of my grey or black tanks read more full than 3/4 before I emptied them, so doubt anything was overfilled.
    I tried to recreate the scene at home by running about a minutes worth of water through a standard garden hose into both black tank flushes, but got no water down there.
    Also ran shower and kitchen sink for a couple of minutes, but no water. We did have a lot of steady rain Monday afternoon.

I'm thinking water was pooled somewhere in the belly and it moved forward when I hitched up and the front was a bit lower and that's when it leaked out.

Thanks everyone. I'm new to owning, but so far my family is loving it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trailer leak.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	21560
    If it is anything like my unit, the water lines were not fastened to the shower faucet properly and they leaked inside the wall. A mobile RV service company recommended by the dealer came out and completed the repair during our trip. The unit went back to the dealer for confirmation all was well and there was no mold growing in the walls. The wood frame and wall paneling beside the shower had absorbed water and required replacement. I just returned from our last trip and all seems well.
    Hope this helps.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the insight, Bubba

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2019 Transcend, 32BHS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast