User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Estrench View Post
    We have a 2670 gd tt and has a 50 amp plug, in fact it only has 1 a/c unit and requires 30 amp as presently equipped, having said that, I purchased 50 to 30 amp cord and then plug a 30 amp rv extension cord and use a simple 30 to 15 amp cord end adapter to the wall out, when parked, no a/c ever runs, but everything else can and does. No breakers are ever tripped.
    At home and at my storage lot I use a simpler connection to standard 120v outlet. At home I use it to only run lights and refrigerator precool before a trip. I plug this simple adaptor into the trailer and run a standard 50 ft extension cord into the garage outlet or the storage lot outlet.
    https://www.amazon.com/HQRP-Electric...dp/B01LDJP9WK/

Here it is plugged in at the storage lot. It keeps battery charged and allows me to run fridge a few days before a trip.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That looks like a great find. Nice adapter.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a 50Amp setup, the first "leg" of the 120V pair is used for most everything. Can anyone tell us what is wired for the second leg of the socket?

I looked at the schematics from that engineer, but he was only dealing with the 30Amp connector, which is just one 120V leg.

FYI, you can't run both legs in the same circuit because they are out of phase and create the dreaded 240V. So, these individual 120V legs must be wired separately in the trailer.

Juiceman
    near Glacier Park, Montana

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiceman View Post
    On a 50Amp setup, the first "leg" of the 120V pair is used for most everything. Can anyone tell us what is wired for the second leg of the socket?
    ...So, these individual 120V legs must be wired separately in the trailer.
    The RV's circuit breaker panel has the legs separated so L1 and L2 both get used by different outlets/appliances.
    Howson's drawing shows how his 50A service is wired.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345