User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suspension upgrade, tires and tire removal

First time posing here. Bought a used 2017 350M last year. Noticed that the right front tire seemed to be worn more than the others but still decent tread. On our third trip it blew causing the typical damage, fender, insulation etc. When I went to change the tire on the side of the road, found out there was no jack in the trailer so I used the leveling system to get the tire off the ground. Everything worked fine got the spare on. Been reading all the posts here and now I'm wanting to change out all the tires, most likely with GY G614's. Also want to do the suspension upgrade. A couple questions:
    1. where are the jack points on the frame? I'm assuming just aft of the rear wheel.
    2. do the trailers come with a jack? I was going to use a bottle jack
    3. What suspension system upgrade do you recommend. I have been reading here and other places about the MoRryde CRE 3000 plus the heavy duty shackle up grade kit U012- 016.

Thanks in advance for any advice. Been learning a lot reading the threads on this site.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put SRE4000 and 3 cross members as well as Sailun S637s on my S-Class and have been very happy with the setup. The tires run cool and have even pressures with no leaks. Very high quality construction. I also did the heavy duty shackle and wet bolts, no brainer if you are doing the suspension anyways.

I had posted this about the SRE4000 on a FB group:

Quick user testimonial for the MORryde SRE/4000 Suspension upgrade I put in our S-Class 3740BH-R.

About 2/3 of the way home from our campsite this morning my wife looks at me and asks "did you take out the glass of milk that was in the fridge?!" For some backstory, we have a toddler and she drinks milk from an open glass with a straw right now (while supervised). She was being fussy and did not want to finish her milk the day before so we had put the partial cup in the fridge to try again later (but forgot). As we realized that neither of us had removed the glass, we were mentally preparing for a mess in the fridge assuming that must have fallen over and was now everywhere. We were driving through the Shenandoah River Valley and there was a healthy combination of bumpy roads and hills.

When we got home, we unhitched, deployed the trailer as we usually do in the driveway, and prepared for the worst. We go inside, while deploying the slides I anxiously was looking all over the fridge area and see nothing - I figured, well the fridge doors must seal well against the body!

We go and look in the fridge, and right where we left it, the cup was sitting there, upright, not a drop around it. We were floored but at that moment I was a) very proud of my self-install of the SRE/4000s, b) very glad I did not have to de-milk the entire inside of the fridge, and c) extremely impressed with the suspension and how well it did isolating the trailer from all of the jolts, bumps, and shocks that happened on the 80 mile drive home.

So you can take that as my happy endorsement of the SRE/4000 suspension upgrade - it apparently works very well
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trailers don't come with jacks. I bought two of these for raising a side to pack bearings. Take one of 'em on our tripshttps://www.amazon.com/Alltrade-6409...T4KNT&keywords
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got the GY G614s, and Morryde CRE3000 and wet bolt kit. I'm very happy with them all. I would have went SRE4000, but my rear discharge pipe prevents installation of cross bars. When I jacked my trailer for the upgrade I used the leveling system and then placed Jack stands at the front by the leveling jacks and the rear frame aft of the leveling jacks. To lift a single wheel for a tire change you can lift by the axle in between the u bolts, I wouldn't go much further center than that or you could bend the axle.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our 2017 350M I went with 8k axels, cre3000, heavy duty shackle kit, 3 crossmembers,
    disc brakes and saliun tires. Had to modify the rear sewer dump plumbing.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think there are really any "jack points" on the trailer. When I did mine I raised it with the leveling jacks and put some (BIG) jack stands on the front and back. I used common jacks on the axels to align them the holes to insert the wet bolts in the leaf springs and suspension. Not sure if a Momentum uses SRE4000 or CRE3000; MorRyde would know; I called them before I selected my SRE4000.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding the jack points, I agree with traveldawg. I was concerned about how to lift the tires off the ground with an automotive style jacks and found using the leveling jacks made sense. I contacted Lippert and GD and never got a clear cut method that seemed safer than using the leveling jacks. (liability, I believe) In my opinion, there isn't an automotive style jack available(and portable) that is safer than using the leveling jacks due to the height required. I've read the concerns about bending axles or frames but still believe the leveling jacks are the safest way using jack stands for safety.
    Eric & Monique Cope...never left at home, our dog, Olive. Machipongo VA.
    2017 350M
    2017 F350 DRW, Crew cab, 8 ft bed, 4.10 axle. 27,500 lb. Reese Hitch
    Live by the Golden Rule!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing you don’t want to do is place the jack under the axle. The axle is thin walled steel and it can be be bent. Its generally accepted to jack under the perch mounts and raise the trailer just far enough so the tire clears the ground.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jack up your trailer tire without using a jack. I use one of these to change tires and to raise a wheel to grease the wheel bearings.

https://www.toolsid.com/images/camco/items/21.jpg

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    minnow101: can you explain what the "perch mounts" are and where to find them? much thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast