User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Changes in 2020 models over 2019?

Hi, we have a 2019 Imagine 2800BH and I looked at example pics and floorplans and can't spot a change for 2020. Anyone else notice a difference? Just curious since if they made a change somewhere it could be something to watch out for in older models.

-TF

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good point. Only looked at a couple of 2020 Imagine models and all of the things I noticed were cosmetic. Improved black out roller blinds vs the pleated shades; changes in the lights over the forward queen bed, 3 way operation including blue night light and directional LED vs the old light up the room on or off two way lights; interior cabinet colours much lighter and the move to Euro hidden hinges. The stowage hatches over the bed opened up, rather than being side hinged, a welcome change.

The furniture finish seems different, to SWMBO it felt cheaper, no idea if it is. Her other comment was support when sat on, the recliners were already well broken in, in her opinion. She is a whopping 120 pounds.

Appliances, gate valves, windows all seemed same to me.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow that was very thorough! thank you very much for the insight

-T

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daemonic3 View Post
    wow that was very thorough! thank you very much for the insight

-T
    You are welcome, but not much insight, forgot the two most important updates, the 2020 units I looked at had solid steps, Moryde style and the front hatches were slam latch rather than cam latch. Not so sure about the slam latch, friend has LCI slam latches on a Rockwood and although they are easy to close, they do not seal very well. With a continuous piano style hinge on the top and two cam levers on either side and a locking cam in the middle, the old style sealed very well.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was looking around on the Grand Design website tonight and noticed the tank capacities are bumped up a little. The gray water capacity is now 82 gallons and black capacity is now 45 gallons - both an increase of 6 gallons.

Not a big deal for us but there have been times an extra 6 gallons in the black tank would have been nice... ;-)

Bob
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    Progressive Industries Hardwired EMS, RV Airflow, MicroAir EasyStart, MaxxAir Fan
    2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn EcoDiesel CC short bed
    Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just picked up a 2020 2800 BH and compared it closely with the 2019. Most of the changes have already been mentioned. Another notable one is there is now a window in the bathroom. The baggage doors do have slam latches and the doors are thicker and apparently better insulated. I suspect they are thicker to be more robust with the new latches. There is also a self coiling brake away cable. Mine came with Max Air vent covers too which I did not see on the 2019. The pot drawer is also larger and has pegs in it to hold the pots it place and the DVD radio and shelf is concealed by an openable glass panel. There is also an exterior cable outlet on the camp side of the trailer. That's all I can think of for now.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by shimmy; 07-30-2019 at 04:24 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, certainly not enough for me to trade in my 2018!
    2018 Imagine 2800bh
    2018 Ram 2500
    6.4 heni

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought a 2020 imagine 2400bh and pick it up in 2 weeks. They also moved the floor vents to smarter locations. Bathroom sink is stainless. Shower has a chrome shower head. Spice rack and peg pot drawer are also new. Bunks are curved.

I am wondering if tires are the same.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're picking up our 2670 on Friday... Stopped by the dealer last week and looked at the tires - Westlake Super ST LT225/75R15, load range E.
    Scott & Fonda
    2015 F-250 SuperCrew SRW, 6.7L TD
    2020 Imagine 2670MK.........Equal-i-zer 1400#
    Kayaks: Perception Expression 11.5 and Carolina 12
    Bikes: Specialized S-works Amira, Felt Z95, DelSol Lxi 6.1, Electra Townie
    Virginia Beach

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We will pickup our new 2020 Reflection 150 Series 273 MK this next Tuesday. We took a factory tour in June and the changes on the production line then were the major factor for us to order the Grand Design. Yes, the inside colors have changed and it is lighter inside. We like the new roll down shades. Also, the one touch leveling is now standard on the 150 Series. The outside is now white with different graphics. It does appear that most of the changes are cosmetic.
    Charlie

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast