User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems I'm buying everything backwards.

I originally wanted a Ram with the Ecodiesel but after reevaluating the cost and the maintenance cost I bought a F150 with a 2.7 EcoBoost, picked it up May 31st and have been really happy even made a trip to Florida and back to close on the house we sold. Today I called the dealer and booked it in to have the brake controller installed seems ordering the tow package does not get you the brake controller. After looking at wd hitches and antisway bars I ordered the hitch tonight. Only thing missing is s trailer. We have traded our boat on a 2013 Oasis 30qb we get that on Saturday but I decided before making the trade to deal the Oasis in on a Imagine 2020 2150RB we will pick it up later next week. We almost bought a Grand Reflection last winter in Florida but decide to wait and reavaluate our needs and wants. While we don't plan on spending 3 months in Florida in it we do plan to spend a month in Winnipeg with our grandson 3 and 7. Really looking forward to making the change from boating to camping.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    2020 Imagine 2450RL
    Wasaga Beach Ontario Canada
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 Trailer Tow Package
    Eaz-Lift Elite WD Hitch 14,000lb capacity 1,200lb bars

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours is a similar story of boating then RV'ing. It is funny to think back on the sequence of purchases we have made over that last 40 years. I would buy a bigger boat, then have trouble at the ramp, so had to get a bigger tow vehicle (TV), then got another boat, resulting in another new TV. On and on until I towing a 31' boat with a Chevy 3500 DRW. Kind of made it easy to transition into large 5th wheels.

But even at that the progression did not stop... Now we have a 41' Momentum being pulled by a Ford F450. Of course I have been eyeballing Heavy Duty Trucks with a platform that will hold a jeep, just need to find a bigger 5th wheel we can still park in state parks and national forests campgrounds, or maybe we are maxed out and getting older so maybe we need to start thinking about downsizing.

The true constant is change.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I once saw a race up a long mountain incline between a F150 with 2.7 Ecoboost and a Ram 1500 with the Ecodiesel. Both were pulling an enclosed trailer with identical 5000 lb. weights. The 2.7 Ecoboost easily pulled away from the Ecodiesel. The difference in fuel costs would be negligible when you consider the diesel's required maintenance costing more.

You didn't say what kind of hitch you were going to be using on the Imagine trailer. I once had a 32' travel trailer, and a famous brand equalizer hitch with 1000 lb. bars and the friction style antisway. I often was quite scared when a tractor trailer truck passed me going very fast--about blowing me into the next lane. Today, I'd be going for one of the nicer, more high tech hitches like a Blue Ox or comparable hitches providing greater stability.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered a eaz-lift with sway control. I read a lot of reviews and found it 40.00 less from a amazon direct link. What was strange the 1000 lbs bars are 40.00 more with lots of positive reviews.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190726-235524_Amazon%20Shopping.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	21632

2020 Imagine 2450RL

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting thread. We did the boat thing....went up to a 32' twin engine SeaRay Sundancer on a triple axle trailer and a 1 ton dually to pull it.

Now we've been full time in a Momentum 376TH with a one ton dually, for the past couple of years. Now looking at selling this monster, buying a small home in southern Ariz. for the winter months and a much smaller RV for summer time traveling. We've actually taken a deposit just a couple of days ago on this RV and truck. Looking at the Ford F-150 Lariat with the 3.5 Ecoboost with the ultimate tow package.

The 3.5 Ecoboost looks to have greater towing capabilities than the 2.7 Ecoboost and I've been looking at all of the Youtube videos of comparrison regarding both Ecoboost and both ecoboost vs. all the other half ton trucks. While we've had a great time in this truck and RV, we both look forward to downsizing.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ended up upgrading to an F-250 gas 6.2 liter and an Imagine 2500RL this past year! When we upgraded the RV, the dealer threw in a new E2 wdh rated at 10k lbs. Prior, we had an Equalizer hitch rated at 6k lbs. The 2500RL exceeded the limit of the Equalizer so we had to upgrade. Both seem to have worked great for us! Of course, the big thing is we are really loving the new rig! We just cant wait to take it out all the time! Been out twice and are chomping at the bit for Sept to get here for our next scheduled trips!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    Interesting thread. We did the boat thing....went up to a 32' twin engine SeaRay Sundancer on a triple axle trailer and a 1 ton dually to pull it.

Now we've been full time in a Momentum 376TH with a one ton dually, for the past couple of years. Now looking at selling this monster, buying a small home in southern Ariz. for the winter months and a much smaller RV for summer time traveling. We've actually taken a deposit just a couple of days ago on this RV and truck. Looking at the Ford F-150 Lariat with the 3.5 Ecoboost with the ultimate tow package.

The 3.5 Ecoboost looks to have greater towing capabilities than the 2.7 Ecoboost and I've been looking at all of the Youtube videos of comparrison regarding both Ecoboost and both ecoboost vs. all the other half ton trucks. While we've had a great time in this truck and RV, we both look forward to downsizing.
    We traded a 1988 Sundancer twin 350 and a generator for the Oasis straight up. The dealer gave me a good price on the Oasis. We are thinking on the the 2250rk now as the 2150 does not have many drawers in the kitchen. I am really leaning toward the 2250rk we have till Tuesday to make up our minds.

2020 Imagine 2450RL

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Floor plans matter, we looked at the 2250RK and the 2450RL. SWMBO does not like a second entry door, likes the cross breeze from windows on both sides of the unit. With the 2250RK, the second door allows access to the bedroom and bathroom with the slide in. Fridge is still accessible via the rear door. The pantry in the 2150RB is huge, three full depth shelves on the left side, two full depth shelves on the right side or the shelf can be removed to provide more hanging space. The kitchen drawers have not been an issue for us, two large under the sink and one pots and pans under the oven. There is also a sheet pan/cutting board storage cabinet. The upper cabinets over the sink are shallow, suitable for glassware and bowls, the cabinets on the curb side are dinner plate depth. YMMV.

The big difference is the bath counter space, the 2150RB has lots of it and considerable upper cabinet storage with a large drawer and cabinet under the vanity. That is what sold my wife.

2250RK is a foot or so longer and has about 300 pounds more capacity. Even though the weights are on the unit, suggest you ask your dealer for the actual factory sheet for the unit you are looking at. My 2150RB UVW was about 300 over the brochure (weight was correct on the unit sticker as was CCC) and the tongue weight was about 25 pounds light as well.

Good luck!
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    Floor plans matter, we looked at the 2250RK and the 2450RL. SWMBO does not like a second entry door, likes the cross breeze from windows on both sides of the unit. With the 2250RK, the second door allows access to the bedroom and bathroom with the slide in. Fridge is still accessible via the rear door. The pantry in the 2150RB is huge, three full depth shelves on the left side, two full depth shelves on the right side or the shelf can be removed to provide more hanging space. The kitchen drawers have not been an issue for us, two large under the sink and one pots and pans under the oven. There is also a sheet pan/cutting board storage cabinet. The upper cabinets over the sink are shallow, suitable for glassware and bowls, the cabinets on the curb side are dinner plate depth. YMMV.

The big difference is the bath counter space, the 2150RB has lots of it and considerable upper cabinet storage with a large drawer and cabinet under the vanity. That is what sold my wife.

2250RK is a foot or so longer and has about 300 pounds more capacity. Even though the weights are on the unit, suggest you ask your dealer for the actual factory sheet for the unit you are looking at. My 2150RB UVW was about 300 over the brochure (weight was correct on the unit sticker as was CCC) and the tongue weight was about 25 pounds light as well.

Good luck!
    Thanks Skiddy, how did you find the tongue weight towing the 2150. I noticed in GD specs that the tongue weight is only 8% dry weight.

I'm concerned that the 2250rk might be a problem with sway if towing with tanks partially filled. I should ask that in a separate thread. Our boat is being taken tomorrow so we have to decide no later than Tuesday on which model. The new lighter colors are really sharp in both units.

2020 Imagine 2450RL

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iproff1 View Post
    Thanks Skiddy, how did you find the tongue weight towing the 2150. I noticed in GD specs that the tongue weight is only 8% dry weight.

I'm concerned that the 2250rk might be a problem with sway if towing with tanks partially filled. I should ask that in a separate thread. Our boat is being taken tomorrow so we have to decide no later than Tuesday on which model. The new lighter colors are really sharp in both units.

I think you will find the 2250RK when loaded, fresh and holding tanks almost empty will push 800 pounds at the hitch if you load like most folks do. I felt really good about my 2150RB, I estimated the hitch weight to be 765 pounds (with my load) and it scaled at 775, that is as close as damnit is to swearing.
    For the 2150RB, the hitch weight delivered was 444 pounds, spec was 427 or so. 444 includes empty LPG tanks and no battery. A little under 90% of LP weight is on the hitch, 10% on the trailer axles. The battery or batteries if you so equip, are a little under 80% on the hitch, 20% on the axles. In my case, with just LPG and a single battery, the hitch is 75 pounds more (36 for LPG, 40 for battery) or 444 plus 75 is about 520 pounds. Everything in the front stowage is also about 70% on the hitch, 30% on the axles. In addition, everything in the wardrobes and drawers in the bedroom is also close to a 70/30 split. I estimated just under 350 pounds or 245 on the hitch and 105 on the axles. I ran all this stowage over a bathroom scale at great risk of my neighbours thinking I had pretty much gone insane. Bottom line, with a scaled load of just under 6300 pounds, 775 pounds was on the hitch, about 12%.

Measure from centre of coupler to centre of propane tanks, centre of coupler to centre of batteries, centre of coupler to center of stowage hatch and from centre of coupler to between the tandem axles. These ratios allow you to “estimate distributed weight”.
    Last edited by Skiddy; 07-28-2019 at 04:10 PM.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast