Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Table

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thompsons 369rl View Post
    Well............thank you. I still like yours better. It just looks more elegant. Were you able to keep the drawer? What's that light colored area in front of the chair in the picture?
    Julie that was where the sun was shining through the window! It made it look funny didn't it?!?!?
    We did keep everything the same, drawer and all. I was glad to get rid of that napkin holder thingy!!!
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

fredandfred
    I wish I could do that. I can't drive a nail in a board. Did you buy the table top or make it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fredandfred View Post
    I wish I could do that. I can't drive a nail in a board. Did you buy the table top or make it?
    Jeff and Kathy,
    I wish I could say we bought it so I could tell you where to get it!!! BUT I am blessed my husband is a custom woodworker. He made it out of solid cherry boards that he biscuited together and then finished. I really do love it.
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

remdenver
    Hi Andy and Julie,

Your table looks great. Can you tell me what you did to make it look so good? If you already put it in a thread somewhere on here, just point me in the right direction as I'm pretty new to this forum. Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. I used a piece of 3/16 ash ply (you can use whatever you want) in place of the glass. Most specialty wood places can cut it for you to the dimensions you specify. Ash is a fairly light colored and hard wood. You can stain it to your color preference then use a good quality varnish of your choice. Make sure to have it cut SLIGHTY larger than you need so it can be sanded to fit tight. I sized it first then stained it. I glued it down using construction adhesive (rough sanded the attach area on the table first), applied 5 coats of varnish using painters masking tape to protect the rest of the table from spillover and eureka! A new table top. The key to a good finish is to sand with fine sandpaper before staining and between each coat of varnish (always make sure the surface is really dust free before applying varnish) to achieve a smooth surface.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12