Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dog Ban Trend

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dog Ban Trend

Has anyone else noticed a trend in resorts not allowing dogs? It hasn't happened often but some of the places we called were no longer allowing dogs. Reason was always the same; failure to pick up after their pets.

To that point, we were out in Canton, Texas at a very nice RV park. We were there for a week and no less than 5 times I saw different dog owners fail to pick up their dogs litter.

I love our dog. Like other pet owners dogs, she is a true member of our family. I would hate to see this trend pick up speed. I have decided to start saying something to these irresponsible owners - hurt feelings be damned.

If we don't start policing ourselves, I'm afraid more parks will ban pets. Has anyone else said anything to these kind of people?
    Dean and Cindy
    2014 337 RLS
    Firestone Ride - Rite Airbags
    Ford F-250 6.7 Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justaguy View Post
    ...we were out in Canton, Texas at a very nice RV park. We were there for a week and no less than 5 times I saw different dog owners fail to pick up their dogs litter.

We always carry "poop bags" whenever we take our fur kids for a walk. If you see another camper that fails to pick up after their pet try offering a "poop bag" for their use. If enough of us do that maybe the offenders will finally clean up after their pets. That may be wishful thinking but there's always hope.

Kathy

Jim and Kathy Marker - Ramona, Ca.
    2014 Solitude 369RL #1277 (AKA - "Tudee")
    2014 3500 Ram Laramie HD Dually Crew Cab 4x4 -6.7 Cummins with Aisin Tranny (AKA - "Big Foot")
    50 gal Transfer Flow Auxiliary Tank
    Curt Q24 Hitch
    2002 2500 Chevy LB HD Duramax Crew Cab- Retired
    EEZRV TPMS- Tire Pressure Monitoring System

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...tesMap_1_1.gif
    http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...ovincesMap.gif

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When we were on the road this summer, we left the FW in a very nice RV park for nine days while we made a side trip to Hawaii. When we came back, there were at least a dozen big piles of poo right outside the door to our RV. We notified management and they cleaned it up immediately.

When we were in Kentucky, we stayed at a KOA right across from one of the Kamping Kabins. I watched a couple pull up to the Kabin in their sedan and let their little weiner dog run around while they were unloading. Of course, the little fur ball ran right into our campsite and left a large pile which the owner's ignored. When they were all settled in, and it was obvious they were not going to remedy the pile, I knocked on their door and asked them to clean up after their dog. I was polite, but the jerk in the Kabin became quite aggressive and said it wasn't his dog. Not wanting to let it escalate, I picked up the mess. But I was not happy about it.

There were many other occassions where we were camped by folks who left their dog in the RV all day while they were away. Everytime I'd step outside, the little yappers would make a terrible racket so we couldn't enjoy our spot.

If I'm on the road, I would certainly patronize a park that prohibited dogs. I don't dislike dogs, but there are just way too many irresponsible owners out there. If other dog owners start policing their own, then maybe I'd feel differently.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [/QUOTE]If I'm on the road, I would certainly patronize a park that prohibited dogs. I don't dislike dogs, but there are just way too many irresponsible owners out there. If other dog owners start policing their own, then maybe I'd feel differently.[/QUOTE]

Can't blame ya, not at all! Makes me so angry.
    Dean and Cindy
    2014 337 RLS
    Ford F-250 6.7 Diesel

Fireside Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everybody is right. Be a responsible pet owner or TucsonJim and Justaguy will have a very easy time find their preferred pet prohibited parks. And I, an owner of two miniature schnauzers, can't blame them.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We always carry poop bags and with 3 dogs that's a lot of bags. It makes me mad to see other dog owners not picking up after their pets. Sadly those are the ones who do the same thing in their own neighborhoods.

Mine do bark but not continually. The other week our neighbor came to meet the dogs and that was the last time the dogs barked at them the rest of the time they were next to us. Sometimes all it takes is the dogs knowing you are not a threat to quiet them down.

Marcy,Koda,Keely and Gizmo
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 10-12-2014 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Swype auto correct is a PIA
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

mandolin57
    I'd hate to see that happen......having our dog is part of the reason we started camping in the first place and fell in love with it. I agree that when you see someone not picking it up, it's okay to let them know. By the same token, when someone does, maybe we should thank them for being responsible enough. I'd hate to see what their personal yards look like for those that still have homes. Yikes!

Harlech
    I go out once a day with a grocery bag and a poo bag and pick up everything that others leave behind in the area we walk our two dogs just because of this reason.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Harlech View Post
    I go out once a day with a grocery bag and a poo bag and pick up everything that others leave behind in the area we walk our two dogs just because of this reason.

I usually pick up after people but had my fill this past outing.
    Dean and Cindy
    2014 337 RLS
    Ford F-250 6.7 Diesel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course the people that don't pick-up after their dog would also be the biggest whiners should their park choose to ban!

I think that the PA state parks have loosen it a bit, but there was only about a 1/3 of their parks allowing dogs a few years ago for this reason.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast