Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dog Ban Trend

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are now camped at Lake Powhatan in the Pisgah NF, NC. The vendors that run the cg here have a stand alone contract
    for campers to sign stating you agree to pick up after your dog and if not you get ejected if you get caught.
    They do have a couple driving a golf cart around so it seems possible to get caught if the timing is right.
    Maybe all cgs should do that. And enforce it, kind of sad picking up dog poop needs to be policed.

Marcy
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 10-14-2014 at 09:24 AM. Reason: damn Swype again
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    We are now camped at Lake Powhatan in the Pisgah NF, NC. The vendors that run the cg here have a stand alone contract
    for campers to sign staying you agree to pick up agree your dog and if not you get ejected if you get caught.
    They do have a couple driving a golf cat around so it seems possible to get caught if the timing is right.
    Maybe all cgs should do that. And enforce it, kind of sad picking up dog poop needs to be policed.

Marcy
    Yup...sad. But I am going to say something from now on. I like what this campground is doing. Now, to have them follow thru with kicking people out will be great!
    Dean and Cindy
    2014 337 RLS
    Firestone Ride - Rite Airbags
    Ford F-250 6.7 Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last September I was at a campsite that after the 15th they would let dogs stay. I was at the last site and everyone brought their dogs after that site to do #1and #2. So picture yourself sitting outside your rv and all you see is dogs crapping and peeing. Even with them picking up the crap it is one site I will never book again. I just returned from the same awesome ocean campground today. Sunday this rv pulls in across from me and sets up a fence pen for their 2 little dogs. Sunday those 2 dogs barked and yipped all day. Finally after still hearing this early Monday morning I went to the campground attendant and asked her to take care of this problem. She did. Within minutes the dogs were in the camper. Once again we had a nice quiet ocean site. We are dog lovers but if your going to bring your dogs camping at least have them be a little quiet or leave them at home.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Lucky View Post
    Once again we had a nice quiet ocean site. We are dog lovers but if your going to bring your dogs camping at least have them be a little quiet or leave them at home.
    I hate to hear your story...just reinforces my thought that we have to start policing ourselves or this privilege will soon be gone.

I think that maybe more and more people are buying RVs and hitting the road -- the law of averages is catching up. More people equals more irresponsible people out there.
    Dean and Cindy
    2014 337 RLS
    Firestone Ride - Rite Airbags
    Ford F-250 6.7 Diesel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We agree that it is sad that the inconsiderate few ruin things for the rest of us. We have been to campgrounds where you will get thrown out if you don't pick up, and saw it happen once (we have seen folks kicked out for loud drinking more frequently). We will also offer poo bags.

If Molly isn't welcome, we won't go. Since she is 60 pounds (of lazy laid back Golden), that eliminates snowbird parks with weight limits or ones where you have to carry your dog to the poo park.

We see quite a bit of poo in the street and yards when we walk around the neighborhood. Sometimes we feel like we live in a dog park, with the 2 yellow labs two houses over that bark a lot and the Miniature Schnauzer next door that barks constantly when he sees us INSIDE in our Florida room.

It just seems worse in RV parks where you are closer to your neighbors. Since it seems that half or more of the campers we see have dogs, it wouldn't make economic sense to ban them.

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12