User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Nomad

Dual pane windows

We are seriously considering a 27RL. It seems odd the ones we have looked at have the Arctic Four Seasons Package but not the optional dual pane windows. The salesperson says they add a lot of weight, require more maintenance of seals due to weight, and make many sizes fixed instead of operable. He went on to say that their company and most RV manufacturers don't recommend dual pane windows. I emailed Grand Design from their website a week ago but never got a response. Can I get some input from others who have this option, or are familiar with the concerns raised by the salesperson. I want to get this right the first time rather than wish we had done something different after purchasing.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I ordered the dual pane in my 337RLS, and I'm very glad I did. It helped with the heat this summer and I didn't have to buy another A/C. I also noticed that the inside of the FW was MUCH quieter than my last FW with single pane windows. I think it's been worth the investment.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very few, if any, dealers order stock units with dual pane windows in them.

Think about it....

If you are a customer that does not want the dual panes, it is a large cost to overcome.

They are easily ordered for you on a new unit though.

The 4 Season Package is a standard package on ALL Reflections.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

The Nomad
    That's just it. When you think about it why make a four seasons package standard but not include dual panes? I do understand the cost issue though. Ordering a unit vs. purchasing from a dealers inventory would be fine and I certainly don't have a problem justifying the upgrade price for this option on a $45K unit.

What does concern me is the comments from the dealer salesperson indicating most RV manufacturers and dealers don't recommend dual panes due to additional weight, maintenance on seals due to weight, and loss of operable screened windows vs. single pane. If this information is accurate I would probably stay with single pane. Comments?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered mine with dual panes. Not that much more weight. I an camping today at the beach in New Hampshire. All the campers around me with single pane have lots of wetness on there inside windows. Mine are completely dry. Camper is quieter, warmer and cooler. All my windows open. Price was around $1400. I will be home tommorrow I can check my 2015 price list. I would order them again. My Reflection 303 dry weight is 9398 lbs. Website shows dry weight 9200 lbs. That's with single pane. And the Dual Pane windows are also very rugged windows.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't understand the "loss of operable screened windows" comment. All of my windows open up and have screens. Sure, the windows are a little bit harder to open because they are heavier, but for the benefit, I'll live with it.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably wants to sell you one off their lot versus ordering you one with dual pane windows.

If you intend to use it in colder weather, then get dual pane windows.

We use ours from early April through November, and do not have dual pane. Works fine for us...
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

mandolin57
    We agree they are worth the small extra charge. I personally don't want to be wiping windows constantly from steam etc....and the other benefits listed here make them well worth the additional cost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the dual pane windows. There are screens on the windows just like the non dual pane windows. They offer better insulation in the Summer as well as the winter. In the summer, there is less heat coming in from outside. And you will have an easier time cooling your trailer with the AC as there is less loss of cold air through the windows.
    Aaron & Donna
    2014 Solitude 369RLS #1067
    2010 Dodge RAM 3500 SLT Mega-Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7L Cummins Diesel
    AMP Power Step Running Boards, Bed Step, & Bed Step2; Garmin RV760 GPS & EEZRV TPMS; Truck Covers USA Roll Cover
    Firestone Rear Air Suspension System, on-board compressor with 5 Gallon tank and Air port; Hijacker 16K Ultra Slider 5th Wheel Hitch, Dee Zee Truck Tailgate Assist; DU-HA Humpstor Truck Bed Storage Box; Voyager Rear Back Up Camera System
    YAKUPSŪ Vertical Kayak Rack and Custom Lippert 2" Receiver; Sailun S637ST tires; WeBoost Cell Phone Booster.

The Nomad
    Thanks to everyone for your input and help in making an informed decision. Dual pane windows it is!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast