User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seal Rock to Seaside Oregon

Hi

We are thinking of taking HW 53 north off of the 101 to get to Seaside rather than staying on 101. What can I expect using this HW and towing my 303? Should I just forget it and stay on 101?

Thanks
    Frank
    Frank and Harriett
    2018 303 RLS, Feb 2018 Build
    2009 2500HD Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Short Bed
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Seal Rock to Seaside Oregon

I’ve towed up and down 101 from Seaside to Florence about a dozen times over the past year but none of my navigation apps have ever suggested taking 53 because it adds quite a bit of time to the trip.

However, that might be a prettier drive so maybe we’ll go that way next time, just for the heck of it.

The route on 53 looks pretty tame on Google maps and on Sygic, and there are no low bridges according to my AllStays app.

Are you just trying for a change of scenery or do you not like towing along the cliffs?

The cliffs still kinda freak me out, so does towing over bridges like the one in Astoria.

: /

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 07-27-2019 at 10:33 AM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy,

Thanks for the reply!

Yep, not a fan of cliffs but maybe may stay on 101 this time around anyway just to say I did it. I’ll just take my time. How is it going through the tunnel (Arch Cape)

Thanks again
    Frank

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We did all of hwy 101 in Oregon, from Ft. Steven's state park to the California boarder with our Solitude 310GK last year. I measured my height at 13' 4-1/2" to the top of my front A/C when hooked up. Some low tunnels, but never had a problem and certainly never hit anywhere. If there was no oncoming traffic, I sometimes hugged the center line

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023