User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nav System on Ford

I've got a 2016 F-350 Super Duty DRW Platinum., about 52K miles on it, NOT heavy use, used only for tow purposes.

Has anybody with the same basic vehicle had problems with the Nav System ? I'm having an issue with it not wanting to boot correctly, also will not read the OEM Ford supplied map "chip".

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Headin Out 2 View Post
    I've got a 2016 F-350 Super Duty DRW Platinum., about 52K miles on it, NOT heavy use, used only for tow purposes.

Has anybody with the same basic vehicle had problems with the Nav System ? I'm having an issue with it not wanting to boot correctly, also will not read the OEM Ford supplied map "chip".

Thanks in advance.
    I've got the same setup, just Lariat trim level. I imagine you have Sync 2, I think Sync 3 came out on the 17 trucks. I've never had an issue. Have you tried disconnecting both truck batteries to possibly reset the radio? You might want to check powerstroke.org forum to see if there are any solutions there. Or maybe you have a loose connector behind the radio?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    I've got the same setup, just Lariat trim level. I imagine you have Sync 2, I think Sync 3 came out on the 17 trucks. I've never had an issue. Have you tried disconnecting both truck batteries to possibly reset the radio? You might want to check powerstroke.org forum to see if there are any solutions there. Or maybe you have a loose connector behind the radio?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    FT4NOW,
    Sorry it took so long to reply...
    took it to the dealer for an unrelated warranty issue, on the way i used the Nav and the %#$% thing worked like a champ, go figure. The dealer had to disconnect batteries for the other issue so the system apparently was reset, used it again on the way home, worked like a champ. And yes, Sync 2.
    The unrelated issue was something called a "clock spring" in the steering column...learned something new, again !
    So far all is working well.

thanks for your reply, you were on the money.

Rich

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Headin Out 2 View Post
    FT4NOW,
    Sorry it took so long to reply...
    took it to the dealer for an unrelated warranty issue, on the way i used the Nav and the %#$% thing worked like a champ, go figure. The dealer had to disconnect batteries for the other issue so the system apparently was reset, used it again on the way home, worked like a champ. And yes, Sync 2.
    The unrelated issue was something called a "clock spring" in the steering column...learned something new, again !
    So far all is working well.

thanks for your reply, you were on the money.

Rich
    The clock spring connects the air bag to the air bag module so that in an accident the ECM can send voltage to the air bag so that it can deploy, hopefully you will never have to depend on it.

Ken

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iproff1,
    and everything also connects all the other controls, including the all important horn, on the steering wheel ! Got a new one installed by the dealer, apparently it was a warranty item. Yay me !! and you're right, hope i never need the airbag.

Rich