User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fresh water tank failure

I have a 2015 Momentum 376TH. I have only moved my trailer twice. First time 200 miles and second 30 miles. I was living in it for work and about a year ago it was moved to my house. I noticed water leaking from under the trailer and a bulge in the panel under the trailer. i as took the underbody skirt off water came pouring out and now that I have the skirting off it looks like the fresh water tank has slipped off the front support and buckled around the middle support. I assume this isn’t normal and was wondering if anyone else has had this happen. Replacing the freshwater tank does not look like fun. Any suggestions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are some pictures.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3846.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	21637Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3850.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	21638Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3846.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	21637Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3849.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	21639

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard of tanks falling out on a few occasions but not buckling around the support like that. I believe now they support the tanks better than they did in our "vintage" GD trailers. Having the cross brace it's a concern (to say the least) to see it buckle like that. With the large fresh tank the Momentums have there should have been 2 supports.

I know it's a 2015 but I'd reach out to GD , at the least they can adise you but they have done off the wall fixes for people that are out of warranty in the past.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    I've heard of tanks falling out on a few occasions but not buckling around the support like that. I believe now they support the tanks better than they did in our "vintage" GD trailers. Having the cross brace it's a concern (to say the least) to see it buckle like that. With the large fresh tank the Momentums have there should have been 2 supports.

I know it's a 2015 but I'd reach out to GD , at the least they can adise you but they have done off the wall fixes for people that are out of warranty in the past.
    Yes, the bracing seems pretty inadequate for that much weight and just a plastic tank...

My plan is to call them Monday. I can just hope for the best!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk