User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Front leg switch wiring

Does anyone have a wiring schematic for the front leg switch on a 2015 Reflection 29RS. They no longer make the same switch and the replacement from Lippert is not wired the same. We should be able to figure it out with just 4 wires but maybe someone has fought this battle before and could save us some time. Thank you in advance!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When my landing gear switch went bad on my 2016 303rls just as we were leaving for Florida last year I got creative. I took the switch off my back stabilizer jack and moved it up front. They are the same switch on my unit. Then as we passed Colaw by Carthage, Mo I took the landing gear switch in and they had a generic replacement. It fit perfect on the rear stabilizer. Might take a picture of yours and text it to them they may have the correct switch and could mail it to you.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does it look like the https://jrproducts.net/product/13635/ 12V 5th Wheel & Tongue Jack Switch, Black.
    JR Products 13635
    That's one I have for a spare after reading https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ng-gear-switch
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JR Products 13635 Landing Leg Switch.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	21653
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced mine with the switch gbkims links to above. Be sure and get the 30 amp switch. It will work on the rear stabilizers also. I always carry a spare.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That switch is a piece of crap. I have had two fail now, the first in a week and half of taking ownership. Second one went 5 months later. To add my year has 3 months to go yet. I had it replaced by a non-GD dealer with what I can only figure is a NOS Atwood, pre-Lippert, switch. I took the second switch apart to see what went wrong and found the cheap plastic rocker internals melted. The internal crossover is not up to the current flow and heats it up when closed. I was looking for a spare to match but got side tracked. If you look it seems all the manufacturers have gone to the Lippert switch which by the way cost about three times more that the switch (better built) that it replaced.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spent some time looking the other day and found these: https://www.gamainc.com/product/232-e1/
    Rated 30 amp @ 12vdc on-off-on I got maintain rather than momentary so I don't need to keep a thumb on the switch. I may rethink that though. They will pop in or out of the face-plate. At 2 for less than $20 it's better than being stuck without or cranking.
    Here is one that duplicates the OEM action: https://www.gamainc.com/product/232k-bb/
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 02-04-2020 at 02:09 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.