Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ordering a 320G- couple questions

So after some back and forth between the 29G and 320G/351M, we have decided to factory order a 320G.

On GD website, they have 2 options for the 3rd AC. Does anyone know the difference between these?
    3rd A/C 15K BTU $980
    3rd A/C Garage 15K BTU w/Load Management System $1,262

The dealer sheet had an option to add a 2nd awning. This is not on their website. I assume this is over the garage entrance like the momentums? It was approx $560. To me this is a must since since the couches take up a lot of the regular awning. $560 seems pretty cheap to add a whole awning setup though so not sure what it is.

Slider toppers. Anyone have issues with these? I feel these are a life saver when it rains. $1,544 is a lot of coin though. Is this worth the money on a weekend rig?

What speakers come standard? We are ok with our 2 regular speakers now on our current rig. $1904 seems like a lot. Maybe overkill for our needs

Premium V3 Rockford Fosgate Speaker Upgrade w/Amp & Int/Ext Subs $1,904

Is this needed with the rear deck system? It seems like just another piece to carry around that probably won't get used much.
    Rear Patio Steps $557

We like the lighter sofa, although it doesn't appear to be leather like the darker color. As far as we can tell, that's the only difference.

We appreciate the help on this. The local rigs all only had 2 AC and none had the 3 season door which I think makes the ramp much more usable vs the pull down screen. I figured with those missing and the other options available it would just be easier to order one up how we want.

The 351M they had was spec'd just about perfect. Just wasn't keen on the longer length and extra $ at this time.

Looking forward to becoming part of the GD family.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So after some back and forth between the 29G and 320G/351M, we have decided to factory order a 320G.

On GD website, they have 2 options for the 3rd AC. Does anyone know the difference between these?

"The load management system allows you to turn all 3 AC's on and it will take care of managing which one's are supplying air based on where it's needed. If you don't have this, then you can have 3 AC's, but you have to manually turn 2 on, and if you want the 3rd, turn off one of the others. My opinion, having load management is a must. "

3rd A/C 15K BTU$980

3rd A/C Garage 15K BTU w/Load Management System$1,262

The dealer sheet had an option to add a 2nd awning. This is not on their website. I assume this is over the garage entrance like the momentums? It was approx $560. To me this is a must since since the couches take up a lot of the regular awning. $560 seems pretty cheap to add a whole awning setup though so not sure what it is.

"Second awning will be over the entry/exit door of the garage. This is on the 351M, and you are correct, it would be nice to have since the slide takes up so much of the other. But one thing to think about, will you be setting up the deck in the rear, and using that awning more? If you add this second awning on the side, there isn't an entertainment system or outdoor kitchen to sit around so is this the area you will spend most of your outdoor time for conversations?"

Slider toppers. Anyone have issues with these? I feel these are a life saver when it rains. $1,544 is a lot of coin though. Is this worth the money on a weekend rig?

"YES". Have had them, currently don't have them, will have them soon. Simply sucks having to get on ladder or top of camper to make sure slides are free of debris when camping under trees."

What speakers come standard? We are ok with our 2 regular speakers now on our current rig. $1904 seems like a lot. Maybe overkill for our needs

Premium V3 Rockford Fosgate Speaker Upgrade w/Amp & Int/Ext Subs$1,904

"Up to you if you need more sound.. We use a really nice LG Bluetooth and JBL Bluetooth speaker to take the music where we want it. Just use our phones to stream."

Is this needed with the rear deck system? It seems like just another piece to carry around that probably won't get used much.

Rear Patio Steps$557

" Only if you think you and others will sit out there or in the garage and need a way of getting in without the entry exit door. To me, it's a nice to have but I''m with you, maybe a pain taking with you and storing. Entry/Exit door works for me."

We like the lighter sofa, although it doesn't appear to be leather like the darker color. As far as we can tell, that's the only difference.

We appreciate the help on this. The local rigs all only had 2 AC and none had the 3 season door which I think makes the ramp much more usable vs the pull down screen. I figured with those missing and the other options available it would just be easier to order one up how we want.

"Get the 3 Season Door. You will not regret."

The 351M they had was spec'd just about perfect. Just wasn't keen on the longer length and extra $ at this time.

Looking forward to becoming part of the GD family.

"Wonder with all these options how much more the 351M would be versus a loaded 320G. We are in the same situation as you. Started looking at the 320G, but believe we've talked ourselves into the 351M. Mainly due to all the stuff you mentioned above you are adding to the 320G, plus we feel like having 4 person couch, and place to sit at the bar may come in handy. Wife loves the walk around island instead of the peninsula in the 320G. You will not notice the added length. Good luck with the purchase."

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot to mention getting the main AC option the has a Heat Pump. If camping when it's cold you can use the heat pump and fireplace to heat RV using the camp sites power instead of your propane. If it gets below 40 degrees outside your furnace may still kick on to supplement but not much at all. Saved you $$. Had this in our Tiffin motorhome and will have on our next toyhauler.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply. I think we are similar in thoughts. I didn't think about clearing the top of the slides. Right now I pull my 6' ladder out and can reach the tops of the slides with a broom. With a 13' tall camper, I would have to be on the roof to clear.

The awning, sometimes we like to sit out when it rains a little or when the sun is high. We likely wouldn't be using the patio for that...Or some campgrounds we go to may not allow us to deploy the patio deck. One of my biggest issues with GD is their use of slides in the "porch"area because we like to sit under the awning.

We too make use of portable speakers since they are so easy to use and put the sound where we are sitting vs blasting it across the campsite.

As far as the 351 vs 320 cost, the 351 is still significantly more money. The 320 Spec'd well is 83K MSRP. The 351 optioned the same way is 97K. $14K is a lot of coin. We do like the layout and extra room/seats of the 351. I like little things like all the accent lighting, the larger tanks, and most of all the frameless windows. This will be our first toy hauler and first 5th wheel. The wife makes a good point that the 320 is more than enough for our current needs of weekend camping. My other concern is my TV and gvwr. The 351 is 1200 lbs heavier and 400 lb more pin weight. I feel that's starting to be dually territory. They also both have the same GVWR so that means you will the CCC of the 351 will be less. My Harley weighs 1000 lbs and we like to travel with our city water so the 320 will give us more capacity without having to go into a triple axle.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, my only issue with the 351 is cargo capacity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure I can answer all your questions, however we just picked up our 320G Saturday, so new to the forum and ownership of a Grand Design. The dealer had two on the lot, one with 3rd AC, one not. As we did our PDI, the tech told us we had the power management option. Now, I'm not sure how informed this gentlemen is on the unit after he tried to insert pins into the HappiJac bunk frame (which they no longer require), however he told us if we were on a 30 amp line at a campground, the AC units have a "rollover" sequence to keep 2 of the 3 running on the lower amp service. Since our unit was already on the lot, we negotiated a second awning into the deal. We opted to go with a manual awning since our past trailers electric awning seemed to not handle light wind very well. Also, we added a second grab handle to the garage entry door since it will primarily be a second bedroom for kids and grandparents on trips. We wanted the three season wall, however the dealer couldn't confirm if we ordered now it would be the glass vs the plastic on the doors, so we called GD and was told we can add later, no price difference since the frame would need to be installed either way. I don't have the build sheet but we have the upgraded sound system. It's not working right, so I can't comment on the sound. For whatever reason I cant get the subwoofer to come on. So much for the detailed testing and PDI.. It's powered and lit, but not pushing and sound...anyways FWIW, we looked at a couple 351's and I loved the layout and options, however my previous trailer was pushing 35 feet and I didn't want to jump up to that length to either tow or try and get into my driveway. The extra recliner and few feet in the kitchen and garage is not important for our needs. The rear step would have been a nice-to-have, but not worth $500 to me and as mentioned, another thing to fold up and carry around. The 320G is perfect for us. Just wish I could get the sub to work on the stereo ..

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So looking at the actual build sheet for the 320G it only has 1 option for the AC unit: 3rd A/C Garage 15K BTU $1,262

The $980 option is not listed on the order sheet like it is online. Oddly enough, the unit's that are on the lots currently have a build sheet with the $980 price next to it on the 3rd AC....now I am really confused. Did they drop that option for later 2020 builds? Or, are the option sheets on websites incorrect? It does not state load management on the build sheet, although it's priced that way per Grand Designs build and price page.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Finalized the paperwork over the weekend, our 320G is on order!

Pretty much all options except the dual pane windows and chairs/stairs, king bed and solar.

They say 8 weeks to build which will put it 30 days before our wedding. Hopefully enough time to work out any bugs. Our plan is to honeymoon with it out west for 2 weeks. A dream we have talked about for years and reality is finally happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats. A month is not bad for ordering a trailer. You will love the floor plan. Ours has been sitting in a driveway for a week and were planning maiden voyage this weekend.

What hitch you thinking about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's 8 weeks to build, so 2 months. Then we have a month to find anything broken on it before our trip lol.

The hitch has me stumped. I have a megacab Ram which comes with the short bed. I really like the gooseneck + reese goosebox setup. I am afraid with the short bed will be an issue though. I know they make an offset ball which should help, but I can't get any clear answers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast