User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: oven

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before I had done it enough times to find out where the gas jet was, I had to get down on my hands and knees to light the pilot light on the Atwood Wedgewood Vision in my 2016 Reflection. The stove temperature knob must be turned and held right on the Pilot Push/Hold line, then lit, then held for a moment before letting out slowly and turning the control to the desired setting. If let out too fast or not right on the line it will blow itself out. It is very inconvenient!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    I have to sit on the floor to see exactly where to light the pilot light. But ours lights easily when the match/lighter is put in the right place.
    Even if I could get down on the floor (and back up), just sitting in front of the oven I can't actually see where to put the flame. I have to twist down sideways to look under there.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what center islands are for!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Janiceknight1 View Post
    This is what center islands are for!
    Sorry, I don't understand. What does having a center island have to do with lighting the oven?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chep58 View Post
    Right now my wife is in the camper and I'm back in SC doing my farmer stuff. She tried to get the oven to light but wasn't successful. The stove top works and lights right up, so gas is getting there. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thank you
    Chep58,

If you use the search tool in the upper right corner, you can usually find the answer to any question. For example, see post 2 on this thread. https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...6170#post86170

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just went through this last weekend. If the pilot is in the back, odds are it's piezoelectric, turn the ignitor knob for the stove burners while looking in the oven to see if it sparks. If it does, set the oven knob to the flame icon, push in and hold, then hit the ignitor, then hold again for another 45 seconds or so. One more thing, if you turn the oven knob all the way to Off again it will also douse the pilot.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry. The Center Island was a joke about what helps me get up off the floor after lighting the oven.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Janiceknight1 View Post
    Sorry. The Center Island was a joke about what helps me get up off the floor after lighting the oven.
    Oh, OK. Even using that, it's an effort.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, we really seldom use our oven. We have the air fryer and two microwaves. We also use an electric skillet outside when frying anything. And we got a new gas grill that's a great improvement from the gas grill that came with our outside kitchen..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same problem lighting mine for the first time. There was air in the line and the pilot purges it out very slowly. First light the stove top to get most of the air out of the line. Then push the oven knob in in the light position. If you hear it sparking gas is flowing to the pilot. The first time I had to hold it in for two or three minutes before it would stay lit. After that it lights quickly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast