User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: oven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I place a mirror in bottom of oven and put a small flashlight on top of mirror. From the standing position I can easily see the pilot light by looking in the mirror. Hope this helps.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6818DB06-4D2F-4E9B-8E05-F96CF0ACBC30.jpeg 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	21818. Pic posted upside down. Click on pic and it gives a better view.
    Last edited by clockdr; 08-04-2019 at 08:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chep58 View Post
    Right now my wife is in the camper and I'm back in SC doing my farmer stuff. She tried to get the oven to light but wasn't successful. The stove top works and lights right up, so gas is getting there. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thank you
    It really is a pain in the butt. There is a silver tube looking thing above the pilot gas nozzle. I believe it is called a thermocouple. It must heat up before the gas can flow. You need to insure the flame from your lighter is under the thermocouple. When it gets warm enough it opens the valve and the gas will light. This is a safety feature that shits off the propane to the oven if the flame goes out. Understanding how it works makes it easier to light.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    It really is a pain in the butt. There is a silver tube looking thing above the pilot gas nozzle. I believe it is called a thermocouple. It must heat up before the gas can flow. You need to insure the flame from your lighter is under the thermocouple. When it gets warm enough it opens the valve and the gas will light. This is a safety feature that shits off the propane to the oven if the flame goes out. Understanding how it works makes it easier to light.
    I see this is your first post here. Welcome!

Oh yeah...………..there's a li'l typo regarding a safety feature. Not bad for a first post Jim!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    I see this is your first post here. Welcome!

Oh yeah...………..there's a li'l typo regarding a safety feature. Not bad for a first post Jim!
    Hmmm.....guess this new site doesn't filter such things?

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not trying to be snarky, but we couldn't light our Furrion over in our 303RLS either. We consulted the manual and bingo! Made brownies that evening. Try consulting the manual.
    2018 Reflection 303 RLS
    2018 Ram BigHorn 3500 CTD

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123