User Tag List

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Couple of Questions for you 297RSTS Owners

Considering a 297RSTS and would like to know a few things about them from those that own them.

The factory sends a weight sheet with each trailer. What is the weight difference between the street side and the curb side?

Can the refrigerator be accessed with the slides closed? It looks like that's a no but I'm not sure.

Has anybody replaced the outdoor stove with a small grill? Do you use the burners at all?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    Considering a 297RSTS and would like to know a few things about them from those that own them.

The factory sends a weight sheet with each trailer. What is the weight difference between the street side and the curb side?

Can the refrigerator be accessed with the slides closed? It looks like that's a no but I'm not sure.

Has anybody replaced the outdoor stove with a small grill? Do you use the burners at all?

Thanks!
    My weight sheet had a 500lb difference with the kitchen slide being heavier.

The fridge cannot be accessed with the slides closed. Actually can't get past the kitchen slide to the living area at all with that slide closed. Can only get to the bathroom and bedroom. I put an invertor in so that the outdoor fridge will run while travelling so we put anything we want to get to that needs to stay cold in there.

I use the outdoor burners for breakfast to keep the bacon or sausage smell out if the trailer. Also easier to cleanup the outdoor burners than inside counter, stove glass of grease splatters from said breakfast.

Any other questions just let me know.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Calbar hit the points. My was right at 500lbs on the curb side also and about 350lbs heavier The tongue weight is heavier but I got the second AC. the outside fridge is great it gets cold enough to freeze stuff. Ours stays plunged in under the shed so I just throw some frozen water bottle it it before we head out. Yes also on the stove top. Just don`l like frying certain things inside.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Kenny & Susan "Freddie" on board
    2019 Reflection 297rsts
    2017 F250 6.2
    14k Equalizer

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My fridge side was 378# heavier. Also my tongue was 900, but closer to 1200 when fully loaded.
    I removed my outside stove after never using it...Trying to come up with ideas to use space.
    2024 Solitude 370DV(on order)
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500(3500 on order)
    Sold 2018 297RSTS

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Kim,

Same answers as others. Regarding the fridge, we do open the slide about 18” or so at stops once in a while to get food out of it. No biggee for us.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We love ours! My wife will occasionally use the stovetop outside when I'm outside grilling, instead of cooking inside. We find that the smoke detector between the door and stove top indoors is a PITA. It goes off constantly if you're cooking anything indoors. Having the fridge outdoors helps when traveling. We'll load that up with snacks and drinks instead of having to pull the slide out to get to the big fridge.

On another note about that. That slide is starting to catch the floor. I can see it bubble up coming in. Took it to the dealer, they adjusted the slide, but it's still doing it. I see a wooden piece where it's catching I may try to file it down.

You'll enjoy it.
    2017 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Crewcab
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS