User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First Outing in a Grand Design?

Been home over a week. Thought I would share this now.

We just took our first GD Imagine trip of about 300 miles to Pigeon Forge TN in a brand new Imagine 2670MK. The campground was " Foot Hills RV and Cabins " campground. Nice place to stay if the rig is not to big. We stayed 8 nights but had only expected to stay 7.

This trip was a disaster for me. Not for the camper ,but for me.

The camper towed great behind the truck and at times I almost forgot it was back there. Ran about 67mph.

The 2670MK worked just fine. The trap under the sink had either a small hard to find leak and I mean small. Almost like condensation instead of a leak. Still looking in to that one. One paper towel wipe and it would be gone for a day or so. It was upper 90's each day and the AC ran almost constantly and flawlessly. The shower and toilet worked fine no leaks and good hot water. Our only CON to the entire camper is we can only lower one side of the awning for rain run off. Seems the slide out gets in the way. So I can only lower the awning towards the front of the camper where we walk most the time. Other than that We really like the camper a lot. We have owned 3 other campers over the years and not once did we have a first trip out where something did not work or broke. We have had to make or get something repaired on each one . So yes we were expecting things to not work. Although I did set the camper up at the house to double check the water system, and power. Tested gas on fridge and stoves also. For us the GD Imagine was a great change of pace. We are extremely happy with the camper so far.

Now for the not so good part of the trip. I took 2 rides to the hospital that week just 3 days apart. The EMS thought the samething I did . I was having a heart attach or so it seemed. I was weak and could not stand , Covered in sweat and the room was spinning all around. My heart rate had drooped to 37 to 38 PR. They hit me in the ambulance with some sort of drug to bring my PR up and my issues seemed to go away. Then as I lay in waiting at the hospital it all started again. The room spinning so fast and sick to my stomach. The good news was it wasn't a heart attach . It was something I had never paid a mind to before. " Vertigo ". I have heard of it, but had no idea it could be so disabling. Trust me when I say YOU DO NOT WANT THIS ONE . One pill and the whole issue went away. I was fine . I still carry the medicine in case it ever hits me again. I can stop it before it really starts now that I know what and how it feels. The doctor said odds are I'll never get it again, but keep the meds around just in case. Hint. Over the counter Dramamine works also. Just slower.

Now for the 2nd trip to the hospital it was a little more intense. I had all the symptoms of my first and only heart attach back in 2012 , just 2 days after the vertigo issue.

Tightness in my chest, lots of sweating, shortness of breath and very weak. All the signs . They went away after a minute or so. However because of what had happened before and because I have had a heart attach once 6 years ago I had my wife take me to the ER. Just to be safe. My Pulse rate was low again. 39 to 40. So they put me in a bed and ran some test over night . They contacted my doctor back home and got all my records. All said and done it seems the beta blocker I have been on for years was now lowering my PR to much. So they took me off of it and I have been fine since. Actually better than fine.

Now I have always disliked taking a pill to fix something , but in this case one pill fixed something while another made things worse. What my cardiologist thinks is the vertigo could have been caused by the low PR. Seems a low PR can cause any number of issues.

Bottom line always have nearest ER / hospital information handy while in a campground and have the fastest and best directions to the campground ready for the EMS people site number too. They do not always know where and how to get to campgrounds as well.

Well that is how our first outing in the new GD Imagine went. Great Travel Trailer Camper it never broke or needed fixing.

Can't say that about me ,but I can laugh about it now and that is a good thing.
    Last edited by ScopesNC; 07-28-2019 at 01:47 PM.
    Jim T.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jim,

Sorry to hear about the health scares, but glad it worked out. I’ve been going through some similar issues lately.

In regards to the leak under the kitchen sink, there have been several reports of the p trap connection to the sink cracking. My son has a 2800 BH (2019), and the first time he used it he didn’t notice anything unusual. Last week he met up with us at the lake, and he found that the connection from the p trap to the sink had cracked, same as others reported.

We made a trip to town 40 minutes away, and was able to buy a new trap. We had to reverse engineer the connection though with a cut pipe to reverse the tread though to allow the female to point upwards to screw into the sink connection. We also had to glue that pipe in between so that that part didn’t leak. It was only slight though. All good now. I think they were over tightened at the factory.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim, great write-up, and good lesson. Glad things are well for you now and hope they stay that way.

Jim
    2019 F350 6.7L PS SRW CCSB Platinum
    2021 28BH with theater seating and 2nd AC
    2019 Imagine 2400BH w/solar (sold)
    https://rolling.howardweb.info/

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice write up and glad your health scares were not serious. Sounds like you have a good build and now you can do more than "imagine" where you'll go next!

Enjoy!
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All's well that ends well. Glad you are doing much better. I wonder if you might have been dehydrated. Beer should fix that right up.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually