User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be sure you use a backer wrench to prevent the bolt from rotating and damaging the knurls or bracket. I also used a dab of loctite sleeve retainer when I upgraded my shackles to reinforce the grip. If the bolt can rotate it will eventually elongate the hole in the bracket.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I upgraded to the Morryde wet bolt and heavy shackle kit. When I was greasing it up, I had to really push the grease gun head into the zerk for the grease to actually enter the bolt. Otherwise it just got the zerk all messy but nothing actually injected in. Once I did this I got clean grease to ooze out the expected gaps after a few pumps. I was unable to get the outside 4 bolts due to the tires being in the way by just a couple mm's. Need to lift the frame to drop the wheel a little to open those up for access.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen some advise to get a 10,000 lb pressure grease gun, like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Alemite-Devel...gateway&sr=8-3

I'm reading that this has the power to push grease into those fittings without having to jack tires off the ground.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pardon my ignorance, but did wet bolts come on your units from the factory? Or are they aftermarket fixes? We have a squeak in our 295 Reflection, somewhere in the suspension. Would be very cool if this was a grease fix.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had all my wet bolts out a few weeks ago while changing springs on my 303RLS. The clearance between the bolt and bushing is not that much, and if the grease port in the bolt is facing down, then it will be hard against the bushing. That will make it hard to push grease into the cavity unless you jack up the RV and take weight off the springs. When I had them apart, the bolts and bushings were in good shape after towing about 6K miles in all.

Unfortunately the Easy Flex Equalizer was not greased from the factory and by the time I got to it, the through hole in the equalizer was worn a lot but the wet bolt was still in good shape. I just greased it again and put it back together.

The wet bolts used on my Dexter axles are very hard material and will probably never wear unless they are run dry.

Hope this helps.
    2017 GD 303RLS
    2018 RAM 2500 CTD SRW w/air bags

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had one bolt that was not drilled through y axis. You could use a 1000000000 psi grease gun and never get grease through.
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rousifier View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but did wet bolts come on your units from the factory? Or are they aftermarket fixes? We have a squeak in our 295 Reflection, somewhere in the suspension. Would be very cool if this was a grease fix.
    My Solitude came from the factory with wet bolts except for the outer ends of the springs. That’s 5 in the center at the equalizer and shackles on each side. At 8500 miles those those four on the ends had bushings that were worn completely or almost thru.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J&G garage View Post
    The bolt has serrations near the head that prevents it from rotating. You have to press or knock out the bolt then rotate and reinstall
    Per MORryde the wet bolts can be removed and reinstalled multiple times, but the nuts should be replaced each time they are reinstalled.
    Joe & Joy + children
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Tremor, 7.3L V8
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000 lb. hitch

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jw^2 family View Post
    Per MORryde the wet bolts can be removed and reinstalled multiple times, but the nuts should be replaced each time they are reinstalled.
    Yep. That's true. They are 7/16-20 grade G steel flange top lock nuts. Available from Fastenal. SKU 0167017. Last time I bought them they were $.8117 each. I buy them by the bag of 25.
    Last edited by J&G garage; 08-05-2019 at 03:41 PM.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J&G garage View Post
    Yep. That's true. They are 7/16-20 grade G steel flange top lock nuts. Available from Fastenal. SKU 0167017. Last time I bought them they were $.8117 each. I buy them by the bag of 25.
    Ditto, the nuts are not reusable.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast