Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Microwave only runs for a minute and trips breaker

My microwave trips the breaker after running less than a minute. Bad microwave or lectrical problem ?
    Carol and Tom
    2020 Reflection 311 BHS
    2013 F250, 6.7 diesel, 4x4

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could be either one. I believe the microwave is plugged into a socket that is handy to the microwave. Unplug it , wherever it is plugged in , and plug it into an extension cord from your house or a campground post and see if it does the same thing. This will eliminate the trailer wiring as the culprit, or prove that the trailer wiring is the culprit.

Brian

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just about all my kitchen plugs seem to be on one big circuit. When my microwave is run when the air fryer is running, the GFCI button on the island faceplate is going to pop off. And the same circuit has a portable ice maker on it too.

I really need to go through every plug and map my circuits--paying close attention to which GFCI outlet controls which circuit.

It might not hurt to put a more expensive, higher quality GFCI outlet on that circuit with the microwave.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Microwaves draw a lot of current. It's a substantial load on the breaker, especially if you are using the A/C at the same time. Try turning the AC off and not using any other appliance to see if it will run longer. I suspect low voltage which causes current to increase.