User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pulling a 2018 GD Imagine 2600 RB with a 2019 All New RAM 1500

I have a RAM 2019 Big Horn Sport Crew Cab 4x4 with 5.7 Liter v8 MDS VVT Engine, 3.92 rear axle. I am trying to pull a GD Imagine 2600 RB using a Blue Ox Sway Pro BXW1000. I bought it used in St. Louis and drove it home to Yukon, OK and it worked great. However, when I added about 330 pounds to the RV it would not stop swaying and hopping. We were on our way to Colorado and called it quits after driving 4 miles. It was not very windy. I did not feel any additional movement when a couple of semis drove past me. Any ideas about what I could be doing wrong.

Dan Brown

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrownmcse View Post
    I have a RAM 2019 Big Horn Sport Crew Cab 4x4 with 5.7 Liter v8 MDS VVT Engine, 3.92 rear axle. I am trying to pull a GD Imagine 2600 RB using a Blue Ox Sway Pro BXW1000. I bought it used in St. Louis and drove it home to Yukon, OK and it worked great. However, when I added about 330 pounds to the RV it would not stop swaying and hopping. We were on our way to Colorado and called it quits after driving 4 miles. It was not very windy. I did not feel any additional movement when a couple of semis drove past me. Any ideas about what I could be doing wrong.

Dan Brown
    Where did you add the weight. If you have added most of you weight behind the axles you could have too little tongue weight which will cause sway issues.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, as Rob advised....improperly located items that add weight behind the axles will contribute to poor handling and sway problems.

Are you adjusting your spring bars with same tension each time you connect your trailer? I have the Blue Ox and really like it, I marked the chain links with tape so I know where to set the tension on the spring bars each time I hook up.

Jim

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Road conditions can play a big part in how a trailer performs. Concrete roads are the worst. The saw cuts they put in the finished road can cause a trailer to bounce, porpoise and sway. Asphalt is much better.
    Also, try loading more in the front of the camper and less in the back. I want more tongue weight, not less. Maybe add 20 gal water to your tank if it's in front of the axles.
    2018 Imagine 2800bh
    2018 Ram 2500
    6.4 heni