User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Refrigerator Fuse

The 15 amp 12Volt fuse for the refrigerator in the main panel has blown 3 times in my 2018 Reflection 29RS Shutting off the refrigerator completely.The 1st time I was plugged into the house to cool for upcoming trip, went out the next day and fuse was blown. Another trip I left the refrigerator on propane for the drive. Plugged into campground power and go inside and fuse is blown again ��. A side note I always leave my rv plugged into power . Also this problem just started happening.
    Last edited by 1raiders; 07-30-2019 at 09:38 AM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1raiders View Post
    The 15 amp fuse in the main panel has blown 3 times in my Reflection 29RS Shutting off the refrigerator completely.The 1st time I was plugged into the house to cool for upcoming trip, went out the next day and fuse was blown. Another trip I left the refrigerator on propane for the drive. Plugged into campground power and go inside and fuse is blown again 郎. A side note I always leave my rv plugged into power .
    Are you talking about the 15A 120v circuit breaker? If so, on our Solitude there are a LOT of outlets and appliances on the refrigerator circuit. Might not be the refrigerator causing the problem.

If you are talking about the 12V fuse (ours is 15A), both the furnace and the refrigerator are on the same circuit. The 12V runs the control for both as well as the furnace fan.

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 07-29-2019 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Corrected fuse size and spelling
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    Are you talking about the 15A 120v circuit breaker? If so, on our Solitude there are a LOT of outlets and appliances on the refrigerator circuit. Might not be the refrigerator causing the problem.

If you are talking about the 12V fuse (ours is 15A), both the furnace and the refrigerator are on the same circuit. The 12V runs the control for both as well as the furnace fan.

Chris
    It is the 12V fuse, according to the label in the panel the refrigerator has it’s own fuse

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had this happen on the first outing in our new 374TH. The 12V cable that feeds the fridge, furnace and a couple of lights above the cooktop was laying against and melted to the fridge chimney shorting out that circuit. We have a temporary fix in place until we can get it into our dealer next week for a proper fix.
    -Rob-
    Rob, Chris and fur baby Maya - Follow us at rctravels.rmcd.ca
    2019 Solitude 374TH, Victron Multiplus II 3000 2x120, Cerbo GX, 6x Battle Born 100AH, 1800W Solar, Blue Sky CC's, Starlink
    2023 GMC Sierra Duramax Denali 4x4 DRW Longbox Crew Cab, Curt Q25

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, I will look at that.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have read to recheck for loose connections like crimp connections or where wires plug onto the frig circuit board as that might be a cause of blowing the 15A fuse.
    The frig control board has it's own 5A 12V fuse. So you wouldn't think the 15A fuse blowing would be caused by the frig.

Another person had an issue with the 12V wiring that fed both furnace and frig.
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...er-in-slideout
    06-29-2019, 05:32 PM Post 14
    john&debbie

"I had a similar situation. To make a long story short, my furnace and refer are on the same 12VDC circuit. When my refer quit, it was a burned junction block at the furnace, the furnace still worked, everything was dead after the furnace. Unless you have 12VDC to power the on/off switch, your refer will not run. That one had a Dometic tech and the factory totally baffled."

I've also seen the wires get too close to the frig chimney/piping.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wires Touching Heat Tube DSCF2307.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	21708Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wires with Scorch Mark from Frig Heat Tube.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	21709
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just had the same issue with my 2020 28BH 5th wheel and the issue was the wiring to the stove lighting was routed between the metal cross member and the trailer flooring and over time just crushed the wiring itself. It was a manufacturing error with the routing of the electrical cabling. You can determine if you have this issue by removing the draw under the stove and see if you have any play with the wiring that feeds the stove lighting circuit. If you don't its because it is pinched between the framing and the flooring.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tuitetcBH28 View Post
    I just had the same issue with my 2020 28BH 5th wheel and the issue was the wiring to the stove lighting was routed between the metal cross member and the trailer flooring and over time just crushed the wiring itself. It was a manufacturing error with the routing of the electrical cabling. You can determine if you have this issue by removing the draw under the stove and see if you have any play with the wiring that feeds the stove lighting circuit. If you don't its because it is pinched between the framing and the flooring.
    Thanks for chiming in @tuitetcBH28, you may have helped others with this problem in the future.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S