User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just got ours back from the dealer for the slide catching on the floor. I started noticing that the floor was bubbling up when I'd bring the slide in ring in front of the fridge. Got down on my hands and knees and inspected. I see a piece of wood hanging down very close to the floor. maybe that's the slide pad... ?? doesn't look like a pad, there's not padding on it. Took it to the dealer they did notice that the slide stuck out further on the bottom than the top, so they adjusted it. It's still catching on the floor. I'll have to take it back, probably to another dealer to see if they can fix the issue. I was thinking about filing down the wood piece to give it a little more clearance.

Other than that ours has been great. We love it. Take it out any chance we get. If I'm not traveling for work I'll try to get something close to the house and just work from the RV on the lake.
    2017 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Crewcab
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soarvet View Post
    We just got ours back from the dealer for the slide catching on the floor. I started noticing that the floor was bubbling up when I'd bring the slide in ring in front of the fridge. Got down on my hands and knees and inspected. I see a piece of wood hanging down very close to the floor. maybe that's the slide pad... ?? doesn't look like a pad, there's not padding on it. Took it to the dealer they did notice that the slide stuck out further on the bottom than the top, so they adjusted it. It's still catching on the floor. I'll have to take it back, probably to another dealer to see if they can fix the issue. I was thinking about filing down the wood piece to give it a little more clearance.

Other than that ours has been great. We love it. Take it out any chance we get. If I'm not traveling for work I'll try to get something close to the house and just work from the RV on the lake.
    Thanks for commenting! I am glad to hear that you are enjoying it even with a few glitches. What year and model is yours? and how does the fridge do?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are in the exact same place! We put $ down on a a 287RLTS last week. Some family things came up that made us consider holding on it but now we're back in the "should I stay or should I go" thought process. My wife really likes the floor plan. It's a little bigger that we initially planned on but since upgrading our truck, pulling it is not a problem. We did the same in research (longer actually) looking at GD Imagine, Winnie Plus, and a few others. It's a 2019 model. The only thing I could say I truly don't care about it is that there is no fresh water gravity fill port. Has to be through the Nautilus system/water pump.
    Todd and Kathy
    2017 Ford F250 4x4, 6.2 gasser, 3.73 gear ratio
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 287RLTS

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't let the lack of a gravity fill water port bother you. We were used to a gravity fill on our last trailer and we used it often when camping without water hookup. Just replace your funnel with a short piece of hose. Using the pump works well and no holding a 5 gallon jug up to a funnel.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 315RLTSinPA View Post
    Don't let the lack of a gravity fill water port bother you. We were used to a gravity fill on our last trailer and we used it often when camping without water hookup. Just replace your funnel with a short piece of hose. Using the pump works well and no holding a 5 gallon jug up to a funnel.

Thanks! We finally gave the go ahead to the dealer. Hoping to have it home in the next few weeks.
    Todd and Kathy
    2017 Ford F250 4x4, 6.2 gasser, 3.73 gear ratio
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 287RLTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tebpac View Post
    Thanks! We finally gave the go ahead to the dealer. Hoping to have it home in the next few weeks.
    We’ve never gone dry camping... not that I wouldn’t... just hasn’t happened... so I doubt I would miss the gravity fill. We pick ours up on the 19th and are going camping for a week. Let us know how everything goes!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjarrett7 View Post
    Thanks for commenting! I am glad to hear that you are enjoying it even with a few glitches. What year and model is yours? and how does the fridge do?

We have a 2019. Both fridges work great, you won’t be disappointed. Congrats!
    2017 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Crewcab
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you like your Reflection? NO...got it for sale...wanna buy it.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We switched from Forest River to GD based on their quality claims. The GD quality is worse than Forest River. I've owned 8 RVs; 3 5th wheel, 3 bumper pull, 2 popups.

The dealer depends on GD to tell them what they can or need to fix. The GD 'Lippert slide' expert should call Lippert before they tell the dealer the gear pack can't be adjusted when one side closes too tightly. I ended up fixing the slide myself and in fact I've fixed most every problem myself, at least those I can fix. After 3 months on the dealer lot waiting for Lippert to inspect the frame for the factory, they found missing screws through the frame into the sidewall by the bedroom slide. That was supposedly the problem. That did not stop the flexing problem. The frame appears to be failing. After a recent trip I noticed the frame pushing outward in the right rear corner and distorting the skirt below the floor. Looks like a weld has broken in the right rear corner.

Here is a partial list. Stripped screws everywhere, broken screws, slides maladjusted, screws missing through the frame into the side walls, stripped bolt holding the front roof air conditioner, camera circuit wired incorrectly, slide bushing sinking and allowing the slide to scrape the floor, suspension sagging on the left side and getting worse, attic vent installed incorrectly, 3 wet shackle bushings installed incorrectly, 5th wheel frame flexing below the bedroom making it impossible to keep the joints sealed, frame bending and warping the skirt on the right rear corner.

I would not buy another GD product.

Ken
    2017 27RL

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very happy with our Reflection, not the same as your buying but none the less the build quality has been very good.

Grand Desihn has been awesome to work with

We own a 303RLS
    Jimmy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast