User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you like your Reflection?

Hello everyone. My husband and I just put a deposit down on a new reflection 287RLTs.We pick it up in two weeks. Are there any other 287 owners out there? I could use to hear some positive feedback. I can find plenty of negative comments... but i’d Really like to hear from those of you who are happy with your purchase! Thanks for helping me sleep better tonight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don`t have a 287 but a 297rsts; I researched for months for our next trailer before I made the mistake of showing the wife the 297. I was looking at both fifth wheels and trailers and we just preferred not having the step.. Our last trailer was a great trailer and the dealer was also, that being said it is important to have a good dealer and a good company. I found both in this trailer and the more we use it the more I know we made the right choice. Sure appliances maybe be defective but they all use basically the same brands. What I read everywhere was Grand Design is a stand up company. The thing I also have learned is getting a good PDI done by a tech that knows his stuff. Print off the PDI and get familiar with it and go over it with the tech. Go over the camper top to bottom. I spent the first two weeks going over our trailer from top to bottom and I have only found one or two items I wish was done a little better so I think the Reflection is a well built RV. The folks that buy Grand Design are some of the best and usually have owned other RVs. I have a friend that is a tech who has worked on many brands and he said he really likes Grand Design and I made a good choice. So sleep well and plan for fun times. You are going to love it.
    Last edited by Retired Copper; 07-29-2019 at 08:48 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Kenny & Susan "Freddie" on board
    2019 Reflection 297rsts
    2017 F250 6.2
    14k Equalizer

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retired Copper View Post
    We don`t have a 287 but a 297rsts; I researched for months for our next trailer before I made the mistake of showing the wife the 297. I was looking at both fifth wheels and trailers and we just preferred not having the step.. Our last trailer was a great trailer and the dealer was also, that being said it is important to have a good dealer and a good company. I found both in this trailer and the more we use it the more I know we made the right choice. Sure appliances maybe be defective but they all use basically the same brands. What I read everywhere was Grand Design is a stand up company. The thing I also have learned is getting a good PDI done by a tech that knows his stuff. Print off the PDI and get familiar with it and go over it with the tech. Go over the camper top to bottom. I spent the first two weeks going over our trailer from top to bottom and I have only found one or two items I wish was done a little better so I think the Reflection is a well built RV. The folks that buy Grand Design are some of the best and usually have owned other RVs. I have a friend that is a tech who has worked on many brands and he said he really likes Grand Design and I made a good choice. So sleep well and plan for fun times. You are going to love it.
    That’s exactly what happen to us! We had a great trailer but it is almost 10 yrs old! So we researched for well over a year... traveled down to NC where we could see our three top choices and bought the Reflection that we had never seen or even considered! My husband took one look and said this is the one... and that was it!
    Of course when i got home I began to research the reflection and it has been a little scary! Thanks for your encouraging words!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more thing I might add; our final choice came down to 2 Rvs by two different companies. One a fifth wheel the other the 297. They had a better deal on the fifth wheel and it had a few more bells and whistles, it look good and the floor plan worked. It came down to build. I started at the tires and axles and was going to work my way up. The Fiver came in with a dry weight of apppx. 8800 lbs.; it had load rand D tires and 4400 lbs axles. That killed that one for me right then I didn`t need to go any further. The 297 had load range E tires and 5500 lbs axles and came in with a dry weight of 8300lbs. I like tires and axles with a little extra reserve built in. Enjoy the Reflection you have made a good choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Kenny & Susan "Freddie" on board
    2019 Reflection 297rsts
    2017 F250 6.2
    14k Equalizer

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we've had ours for 2 years. Done a 5 week, a 4 week, 2-3weekers and a few 1 weekers. Haven't really had any problems. have enjoyed each trip as trailer was quite accommodating.
    2024 Solitude 370DV(on order)
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500(3500 on order)
    Sold 2018 297RSTS

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjarrett7 View Post
    Hello everyone. My husband and I just put a deposit down on a new reflection 287RLTs.We pick it up in two weeks. Are there any other 287 owners out there? I could use to hear some positive feedback. I can find plenty of negative comments... but i’d Really like to hear from those of you who are happy with your purchase! Thanks for helping me sleep better tonight.
    We like our 297RSTS as well. Some minor issues but nothing that the dealer didn't have fixed properly. We have towed over 6000 miles and have spent 37 nights in it so far since we picked it up in September. Another 3 nights this weekend and have another 32 nights planned before we put it to bed for the winter. Looked at other brands but really liked this one. DW said it had a warm homey feeling unlike most of the other brands. I liked the heavier axles and tires and overall build quality that I have read about. So far so good.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies! I spent the last year or so researching... mostly the imagine, the whitehawk and the Minnie. Then we bought a new truck which changed our range. We started looking at bigger tt’s and were just about to buy a transcend when we saw this and fell in love with the floor plan. Put a deposit on it then and there since it was on sale. Just wanted a little reassurance. Thanks!��

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ve had ours for over two years now. Spend about half the year in it. There were a few minor issues that I corrected (broken screw heads, falling trim). It tows really well. We’ve done several modifications that make it even more pleasurable to use. Like already said, be prepared for a nice long and complete pre-delivery inspection. Look at everything, don’t be rushed. Have any issues corrected by the dealer before leaving the lot. Otherwise they can take weeks or months to get to you. The vast majority of owners have reported very good relationships with GD customer service, including me. You will enjoy it!

Have fun!
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve7 View Post
    We’ve had ours for over two years now. Spend about half the year in it. There were a few minor issues that I corrected (broken screw heads, falling trim). It tows really well. We’ve done several modifications that make it even more pleasurable to use. Like already said, be prepared for a nice long and complete pre-delivery inspection. Look at everything, don’t be rushed. Have any issues corrected by the dealer before leaving the lot. Otherwise they can take weeks or months to get to you. The vast majority of owners have reported very good relationships with GD customer service, including me. You will enjoy it!

Have fun!
    Have you had trouble with the slide or the fridge? There are a lot of people complaining that the fridge doesn’t work and that the slide scrapes the floor when bringing it in. Just wondering what we should be on the look out for when we pick it up from the dealer. And probably have cold feet. But all of that said... I still can’t wait to take it on our first shake down trip.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a Norcold refrigerator, and it has worked well. Our slide has also worked well with no issues. I believe the new trailers may have a different refrigerator. I don’t know if the slide mechanics such as the slide rollers or pads have changed.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast