Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Factory Water Filter Install Match?

Our new 2930 did not come with the water filter installed from factory. I thought it had one but after going between it and the 310GK it was the 310 that had it. My question is can someone show me a plumbing diagram or picture of how the water filter is installed in the 310 or similar unit? Thinking of installing one that will match the factory plumbing. Does it just filter the cold side of plumbing or main water supply? I called Grand Design and was told they do not have a diagram. They suggested I just put an inline filter at the outside faucet. If that's there idea then why do they bother installing one in the upper Solitudes? Maybe this is more trouble then its worth and I will install the Clearsource filters. Appreciate any info.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not have a diagram, but the factory filter in our 310GK is straight in-line with the fresh water inlet. The flow path is Fresh water hose connection ==> filter ==> Nautilus panel (for distribution). All water coming into the trailer from the fresh water hose connection goes through the filter. This is effectively the same as the suggestion of putting an inline filter at the outside faucet or at the input to the Nautilus panel. Only difference is if it is built in or not.

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 07-30-2019 at 09:00 AM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Reflection we had before we got the 310GK didn't have a water filter built in. It was dead easy to cobble one together with a housing and filter and short lengths of water hose all purchased at (IIRC) Camping World.

I wouldn't bother trying to "install" it as GD has... the filter takes up space in our 310GK's Nautilus closet and makes doing some things (including pulling our black tank dump handle) awkward. I preferred my cobbled-together filtration which was only in the way when I was connected to fresh water.

BTW some folks here have added two-stage and three-stage water filtration and these (obviously) are not installed in the Nautilus closet.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch