User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vonzoog View Post
    Grand Design (for whatever reason) was short cutting by installing 50 amp fuses.
    Many of us have upgraded our units to 80 amp fuses as per Lippert requirements. The upgrade works and does not exceed Lippert requirements.
    Have you checked with Grand Design to confirm the wire size and other components are rated for an 80 amp circuit? I'm sure they may have cut corners with a 50 amp in place but they also probably cut corners with the rest. I know these things, even the "high end" Solitudes and Momentums are built on the ragged edge of cheap but I'd be cautious when altering safety. You know this kind of smacks of "if you don't get the answer you want from Dad, go ask Mom". Said my peace.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vonzoog View Post
    I know we have gotten off subject. I understand your reasoning for not installing a larger amp fuse. That being said, using the 80 amp fuse in the larger units (Solitudes & Momentums) that have both hydraulic slides and leveling systems is what is required by LCI (Lippert). Grand Design (for whatever reason) was short cutting by installing 50 amp fuses.

Do a search in this forum and you will find plenty of reading on this subject. Many of us have upgraded our units to 80 amp fuses as per Lippert requirements. This upgrade solved the problems that I and many others here were having with our slides. The upgrade works and does not exceed Lippert requirements. I’m not sure if 80 amp fuse is needed in your Reflection or not.
    Thanks,I will check this out though.
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Chevrolet 2500 hd,Duramax-Allison

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123