User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Not sure from this discussion whether your intent is to avoid snowbirds or include them. We already have a large Grand Design Owners gathering (mostly snowbirds) at the Tampa RV Show, every year. We are Canadian snowbirds who spend November to March in Lake Wales.

Rob
    oh gosh!.... I wasn't trying to exclude anyone. Sorry if it came across that way. I think maybe things got a bit sideways here.

Cate, Rob - I'm not sure if you were referencing my post (traveldogs) about meeting together sometime or Tom's (10sne1).... So I'll just speak for myself....

When Tom asked "...how many and where you all are from in Florida. Ie live here..." I guess I thought he meant lived in Florida as a permanent residence.

When I said maybe we could have a rally during the off months (when snowbirds are gone) I was thinking how difficult it would be to find a campground to meet in as all/most are booked during the winter. I sure didn't mean to imply anyone wasn't welcome or I was trying to exclude anyone. Heck - I live in one of those snowbird-like communities; I just happen to own a house there and traveling in the summer (does that make ME a snowbird??? )

When I mentioned central FL or maybe the Tampa RV show I wasn't aware there is already a group of GD owners planning something for Tampa in Jan. btw - I'd like to hear more about that since I'll be over there that whole week starting on Industry Day on Tuesday and would like to meet other GD owners.

Sooooo...... now I'm confused..... I'll try to recap ideas:
    1 - doubt we could have a get-together (rally like thing) during Jan, Feb or Mar as so many places are booked (except for whatever is already planned for Tampa in Jan)
    2 - I doubt I'd try to put anything together in Oct, Nov, or Dec as I get home sometime in Oct and Nov and Dec are filled with holiday stuff/preparations/elecbrations, etc.;
    3 - would lean toward a get-together after Mar '20 as parks start emptying;
    4 - no matter what - everyone who is around who would want to attend would be welcome (if ya know me, I'll start a conversation with anyone, anytime, about almost anything)

I hope this all helps clear things up. Like I told Sue, I'll probably make a list. I'll include who is where and when. Then we'll see if we all want to meet-up; either with our RVs or sans-RV for a lunch or dinner. This might be a good topic to cover at the Tampa RV show at whatever GD get-together there is (??).
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Riverview FL, Outside of Tampa.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post

; I just happen to own a house there and traveling in the summer (does that make ME a snowbird??? )
    I think they call you guys Sunbirds...you run from the sun like we run from the snow and cold.
    I figured it was meant to be residents, but we're there more than here.. just not legal so to speak..
    OMG I'm an illegal

The gathering at the RV show is fun, you get to meet new owners/potential owners and see friends you've made at previous rallies again. As well as a few GD people.

I know our park doesn't really empty until the end of March, (likely the same all over the state) we're in FL until the end of April (love April in FL) By then it's really really quiet, When we re-up in 2020 we just may go yearly so we can come and go all year. So if you all decide to meet in April we'd be happy to join the fun , if not we can say hi at the show!
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just sold our condo in Ft. Myers. We are full timing now with winter base in Port St. Joe, FL.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh but FL is sooo crowded too. Then come January it is doubled, with snowbirds. We live in lovely Pasco county. New Port Richey not the greatest area by no means. We can switch..
    Last edited by janicerocks; 08-12-2019 at 08:18 AM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Port Richey FL

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    oh gosh!.... I wasn't trying to exclude anyone.
    Hmmm, I would think the title would be self explanatory. Anyway, located in Orlando for 20 yrs. Grew up in Melbourne.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello all. My roll call was for anyone. Even our northern guests if they wish. I am hoping to see if any one wishes to post outing they have reservations for and to see if any one from this group may wish to book the same dates and parks. But as we are typically unable to get state park reservations in the winter, we would be doing open invitations in the spring, summer and fall. Example. We are going to be at Highlands Hammock in Sebring, fri. - Sun. Aug. 23 to 25. Drop us a note if you happen to be there too, or wish to make a reservation . I just thought it would be fun to meet new GD campers, even if just for a snack and talk. I do not have any other reservations at this time, but will post as i get them.
    Last edited by 10sne1; 08-12-2019 at 07:29 PM.
    Lakeland FL.
    2016 1500 Ram Crew
    2019- imagine-2150RB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currently in Tallahassee. I think I can finally say I am a real Florida native. Family has been in Florida for over 320 years.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Floridanative View Post
    Currently in Tallahassee. I think I can finally say I am a real Florida native. Family has been in Florida for over 320 years.
    OMG!! 320 years!! Did they find the Fountain Of Youth? Can you tell us where it is? haha - just couldn't resist. Thanks for letting us know to count you in.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast