Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion Sound System - DVD Player Load Error

I took delivery of my 2014 Reflection 293res in February. The sound system even though not the best, worked great until about a month ago.

1. The DVD Player won't play (read) DVD's consistently. If I reload the DVD many times it eventually works. (we are talking a dozen times)
    2. I have looked at the instruction manual and nothing is stated regarding this problem.
    3. The Radio works fine and it will play CD's.

Is anyone else having a similar problem? Any solutions out there?

Thanks, Gary
    Gary
    Hamilton, Montana
    2014 Grand Designs Reflection 293RES #0477
    2013 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Diesel

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredVagabond View Post
    I took delivery of my 2014 Reflection 293res in February. The sound system even though not the best, worked great until about a month ago.

1. The DVD Player won't play (read) DVD's consistently. If I reload the DVD many times it eventually works. (we are talking a dozen times)
    2. I have looked at the instruction manual and nothing is stated regarding this problem.

Thanks, Gary
    Hi Gary (@RetiredVagabond),

Based on your description, the Furrion system will have to be replaced. Please contact your dealer for further repair assistance.

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Mailing & shipping address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 13868 CR 4, Bristol IN 46507
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

- Phones: Grand Design RV Corporate at (574) 825-8000 or Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Fax: (574) 825-9249
    - Email: [email protected]

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesignRv
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/granddesignrv
    - Google+: https://plus.google.com/113479014558069639097
    - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grand-design-rv-llc
    - Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/granddesignrv
    - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHa...PuUd3J3NHNyXVQ

For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Janice, I got in touch with Peter and he referred me in a dealer.
    Gary
    Hamilton, Montana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI on the Furrion web page they have a firmware update fro this systems,,,,,

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our DVD has done the same thing since new, but this last trip was the worst its ever been. Like you said a dozen times or so. Glad to hear GD is already aware and will replace it. Going to dealer to make appt tomorrow for a couple small things anyway. Will add this to it. Still loving our 337 RLS ! Ten trips in 8 months, all smiles.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's good information to know. So far, the problem I've had is I think there is limit on the number of files the Furrion can read on an USB drive for songs and movies. Still checking that out.
    Tony & Judy DaVanzo
    Riverside, CA
    2015 Solitude 320x #3626 Plant #1 Line #1
    2016 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually Cummins Diesel / Aisin Transmission

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a follow-up, I contacted the dealer,a new unit was ordered and installed. Great customer support by GD. Thanks Janice too.
    Gary
    Hamilton, Montana

Fireside Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Gary,

I took delivery of my 2015 GD Reflection 303 RLS last year in August of 2014. The Furrion DV1000 worked fine until a short trip this past week. I had the same problem but did not attempt to reload as many times as you. Gave up after trying to load about four different DVD's. I've researched it for a few days this week. Have not found anyone in my area that will work on it. Called Camping World who is the closest Furrion dealer to me. They said they don't work on them. They simply replace them if they are still under warranty or if an extended warranty was purchased. Otherwise, the customer has to buy a new one. They said they don't have a lot of complaints about Furrion but do have a few. They also sell Jensen but don't think that product is any more reliable which is supported by some online reviews. I'm going to purchase a new Furrion (because of the exact fit) directly from Furrion and purchase an extended warranty if they offer it. If they don't offer an extended warranty, I'll try to buy it from someone who does. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredVagabond View Post

Thanks, Gary

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ruskin, before spending your hard earned $, try giving GD a call. They know how poorly these units have performed and may send you a replacement even though your out of warranty. We went through three of them before finally getting our last one in Feb. so far it still works.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scott and Jan View Post
    Ruskin, before spending your hard earned $, try giving GD a call. They know how poorly these units have performed and may send you a replacement even though your out of warranty. We went through three of them before finally getting our last one in Feb. so far it still works.
    Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, it's too late. I've already ordered a new DVD unit. But, I had another issue I did call GD about and got an excellent response. On a trip I took this past week I noticed that three of the cabinet doors that are above the sofa separated at one of the corners. The joints of the corners are pretty well made with dove tail joints but the nails used were set so deep that they did not hold. With the rocking and bouncing of the RV, the cabinet doors began to separate. I thought I could bring the corners back together with a wood clamp, glue them, and nail or staple them to permanently secure their proper position. When I tried to do this on the first, and worst door, the opposite corner broke loose splitting the wood. It can't be repaired and made to look good. I called GD with the intent of purchasing new doors and was asked to take a photo of the three doors, take measurements of each door, and email the info to them. They would order new cabinet doors and send them to me at no charge. I found one other door over the bed that was also beginning to separate and I found a door under the kitchen buffet that was splitting vertically on the side where the hinges are mounted. It hadn't come apart yet but it will. GD has agreed to replace all five doors at not cost. The person I spoke to was Ray Duffy, Regional Service Manager.

I suggest that you and any other GD owners that read this post, inspect the corners of all your cabinets and reinforce them before they start to separate. There will come a day when GD will not be able to match the cabinets even if you agree to purchase them should separation or splitting occur.

Thanks again for your response.

Ruskin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast