User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No outside exhaust for microwave 2019 337rks

Hello, I didn't pay attention to this when I did my research before buying a 2019 337rls, but my convection oven doesn't exhaust to the outside. I first notice this when I was cooking brownies using convection and the massive amount of heat was shooting out the top of the micro back into the camper. If this was met to be from the factory, can I add an exhaust?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is the same. Sure it was meant to be. No solution as far as I know.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratzpac View Post
    Mine is the same. Sure it was meant to be. No solution as far as I know.
    Most microwaves can be modified to exhaust up or straight out the back. So it shouldn't be hard to add an exhaust. Just have to cut the hole in the side of the rv. Ouch.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus216 View Post
    Hello, I didn't pay attention to this when I did my research before buying a 2019 337rls, but my convection oven doesn't exhaust to the outside. I first notice this when I was cooking brownies using convection and the massive amount of heat was shooting out the top of the micro back into the camper. If this was met to be from the factory, can I add an exhaust?
    Our stove/oven/microwave all vent back into the rig. Happily, the vent for the main room is right over this area, so I just turn that on when cooking.

There were a few rigs that had an outside vent on the stove/microwave, but there were issues with the vent cover flapping, and being torn off while driving, I believe.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    Our stove/oven/microwave all vent back into the rig. Happily, the vent for the main room is right over this area, so I just turn that on when cooking.

There were a few rigs that had an outside vent on the stove/microwave, but there were issues with the vent cover flapping, and being torn off while driving, I believe.
    ^^^^^^ This is what I do as well. Thought about cutting a hole in the trailer wall and put in a vent but decided I did not want to risk water damage, delamination or something that GD might blame on me cutting a hole. Added a Maxxair vent cover to the fan in the kitchen and that way can use this all the time when cooking.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is something I'm going to discuss with my dealership. I like the idea of venting to the outside.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We used our convection / microwave oven to cook fries for dinner tonight.

Who's idea was it to eliminate the outside vent? Our 2016 380TH Momentum had the vent,the way it should be. The 2018 Solitude does NOT. Shame on Grand Design. All that cooking moisture and heat coming into the house is just plain unsatisfactory.
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noticed this on our 2018 337. For now I use the vent fan above the kitchen area as I assume Grand Design intended to remove heat/fumes/etc (placement seems intentional) but have considered checking the microwave to see if you can convert the venting from recirculation to direct vent outside to the back same as most over range residential microwaves. Problem is not knowing if there are studs where the vent to the outside would go or if cutting the hole in the sidewall could be a potential delam problem as referenced above. Funny to think about my old travel trailer that did vent to the outside. Was just part of the breakdown list to go lock the flap of the vent before travel.......maybe height of newer rigs are the issue? May not can reach the vent flap to lock down for travel

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In our 2018 310GK, we have the vent above our Stove/Microwave/Convection. We installed a remote controlled Fantastic Fan with a Fantastic Vent cover. We can simply turn on the Fantastic Fan to vent out any smoke, moisture or fumes when we cook.

PS: The Fantastic Fan speed can be adjusted depending on the amount of smoke generated.

PPS: We also installed the same remote controlled Fantastic Fan in the bathroom.
    I feel the remote controlled Fantastic Fans are a Necessary Upgrade to any RV and have done it to both of our RVs.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by upinthewild View Post
    Noticed this on our 2018 337. For now I use the vent fan above the kitchen area as I assume Grand Design intended to remove heat/fumes/etc (placement seems intentional) but have considered checking the microwave to see if you can convert the venting from recirculation to direct vent outside to the back same as most over range residential microwaves. Problem is not knowing if there are studs where the vent to the outside would go or if cutting the hole in the sidewall could be a potential delam problem as referenced above. Funny to think about my old travel trailer that did vent to the outside. Was just part of the breakdown list to go lock the flap of the vent before travel.......maybe height of newer rigs are the issue? May not can reach the vent flap to lock down for travel
    Had to laugh when I read this. Have a 2018 Momentum and the vent is 9 feet off of the ground. SERIOUSLY???? Luckily I carry a small step stool, but still had to make a rod with a hook to latch/unlatch it. Should have seen the fiasco first time we tried to use it. Can you picture me hoisting my wife up to move the locks.LOL

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast