User Tag List

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ford's 7.3 gasser HP numbers - disappointing?

Super Duty F-250 and F-350 - 430 horsepower at 5500 RPM and 475 lb-ft of torque at 4000 RPM.
    F 450, F-550, F-600, F-650, and F-750 - 350 horsepower and 468 lb-ft of torque at 3900 RPM.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...iter-v8-specs/
    ~Peter

Ford F-250 6.7 CCSB (tow vehicle), Imagine 2400BH, Cadillac Escalade 6.2 (family vehicle), BMW X5 (daily driver), Porsche 911/996 (weekend toy)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is why I bought a diesel.
    2019 Reflection 315RLTS
    2019 Ford F250 Lariat SuperCab PSD SRW

Former set up:
    2013 Kodiak 291RESL
    2017 Ford F150 Platinum

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just remember what it was like with the v10 Ford had for years.....tranny searching for the right gear while motor is running at high rpms trying to get the trailer up the hill........no thanks again.......diesels in my last three trucks. If you want to pull a large trailer....boat, rv etc get the diesel.
    Cal, Marsha and Bear the Labradoodle
    2019 F350 Platinum DRW, 6.7 PSD, 4:10, Firestone Airbags
    Pullrite Superlite
    2019 Momentum 376th
    Aprilia RST1000
    Evelo Aurora E-bikes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disappointing in rating in horse power & torque? I think not. Did anyone think this new naturally asperated gas V8 was going to have the horse power & torque of a modern turbo charged after cooled diesel? Well you just don't know engines. What makes the diesel pull? Turbo! And after cooler technology. Plus they come with a big old $10,000 price tag. And then choke it down the exhaust pipe. This new gas engine for people that know has 6 bolt main bearings & beefed up turbo or blower components built inside the engine. Meaning its up to the owner if he wants to go with a aftermarket blower or turbo. And decide if they want to run with the big diesel dogs. And one thing nice about a gas motor, you don't have to worry if its going to blow up every time you start it & cost a $12,000 to 15,000 repair bill. I know many diesels that have. Some 3 or 4 times for the owner. But to think that Ford was going to build a naturally asperated gas engine that could run with modern day diesels, well that world just isn't here. By the way pull the after cooler & turbo off the diesel like they were in the day, that gas engine will walk all over the diesel. That being said, I cant wait to try this new gas engine & 430 gears. Oh my! See you all on the hills in Southwest Colorado. Ain't RV'ing fun?
    Russ & Deb
    Myles, Blu & Sadie aka furry kids
    2019 F-150 - 2021-F350 (aka red rocket2)
    2000 F-250 aka the snow plow truck

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Race you up Wolf Creek......you and your gas motor and me and my big Momentum........
    Pullrite Superlite
    2019 Momentum 376th
    Aprilia RST1000
    Evelo Aurora E-bikes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calnca View Post
    Race you up Wolf Creek......you and your gas motor and me and my big Momentum........
    Challenge accepted..... LOL
    I'm just saying I find it funny people compare a turbo charged after cooled engine to a naturally asperated engine & wonder why they don't get a good comparison. LOL
    I have a 08 Jack Rousch GT racing Mustang setting in my garage with 10,000 miles on it. The little gas V8 has after cooling & Jack Rousch blower system on top of the motor.
    And baby that little motor runs, so maybe I know what I am talking about, just a little bit. Put the same technology on this new Ford truck V8, chip it, open up the exhaust dump in premium gas & I guarantee
    you it will be a match for any diesel on any pass or road. Why, because both engines have the same technologies to boost power & performance. Diesel engines in pickups years ago before turbos & after coolers were nothing but smoking dogs going up the passes. My 460 V8 would eat them for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Why because both were naturally asperated.
    All's I'm saying if you want a fair engine test then make it fair. I'm waiting for them to come out now. And yes, I'm going to super charge it because I like gasoline powered engines. Much more reliable.
    Bye, gotta go now, have a great day! ��
    Russ & Deb
    Myles, Blu & Sadie aka furry kids
    2019 F-150 - 2021-F350 (aka red rocket2)
    2000 F-250 aka the snow plow truck

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I first saw they were making a bigger gas engine for pickups, I wondered why they don’t go ahead an make it an ecoboost. The ecoboost I had in our F150 and even the little 4 cyl in the Mustang give pretty impressive performance, put that technology on a 7.3 and you will have a mighty good running engine.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So after watching tv all week long, I see a Conestoga wagon in my future, pulled by a team of horses.

do horse farts have methane like cows?
    Last edited by Calnca; 08-02-2019 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Forum rules do not allow political content
    Pullrite Superlite
    2019 Momentum 376th
    Aprilia RST1000
    Evelo Aurora E-bikes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ Olin View Post
    ...And one thing nice about a gas motor, you don't have to worry if its going to blow up every time you start it & cost a $12,000 to 15,000 repair bill. I know many diesels that have. Some 3 or 4 times for the owner...
    I would like to meet one of the owners of these modern diesel trucks suddenly start blowing up and costing them thousands of dollars every time they start. Anyone here on this forum?
    ~Peter

Ford F-250 6.7 CCSB (tow vehicle), Imagine 2400BH, Cadillac Escalade 6.2 (family vehicle), BMW X5 (daily driver), Porsche 911/996 (weekend toy)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The number don't mean much. It's the fact that the torque comes so far down in the rpm range that makes them so good.

The 7.3 is not meant for everyday personal driving. They're made for a vehicle that carries heavy weights all the time. That's like a motor home, service truck with compressors and a crane. That engine's also going into medium duty trucks with box beds, etc.

The 6.2 engine is much better motor for normal driving when a 11k lb. trailer will be towed just from time to time.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast